Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alexei

Doubt about Olive Oil u_u

I've read many discussions regarding wheter it's safe, whether it's not

I'm thinking about adding some into my diet but I'm not 100% sure if it's totally healthy

coz I listen or read the word = OIL . and I panic inmediately! I've been thinking about adding some to my food , since the only thing I eat is stewed chicken

and maybe I could tell mother to cook my food with olive oil

so is it 100% safe??? there won't be any problem eating it? no pimples? Nothing bad could happen to my skin? :confused:

(paranoia)

I've read many discussions regarding wheter it's safe, whether it's not

I'm thinking about adding some into my diet but I'm not 100% sure if it's totally healthy

coz I listen or read the word = OIL . and I panic inmediately! I've been thinking about adding some to my food , since the only thing I eat is stewed chicken

and maybe I could tell mother to cook my food with olive oil

so is it 100% safe??? there won't be any problem eating it? no pimples? Nothing bad could happen to my skin? :confused:

(paranoia)

Well, it is mainly a monounsaturated fat, so it doesn't have the vast quantities of omega 6 like a lot of other vegetable oils with pro-inflammatory responses etc. However, it still has some omega 6 polyunsaturates and therefore isn't as stable at high heat, so you probably shouldn't use it for high temperature frying. However, there are others who probably say just the opposite...

You need good fats in your diet more than anything. I effed up my body by going on a no-fat diet for 2 years. :( Don't let the low-fat nonsense get to your head; just avoid trans fats (exception is butter; it's the most stable cooking "oil") and hydrogenated oils.