Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smooth_Nose?

PIMPLES AND SCARS ON MY NOSE. BLACK MALE - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had acne since I was about 16 years old. I'm 26 now, black, male, and most of my facial acne has cleared up (except during winter, where I break out mysteriously each year).

However, my NOSE looks like it belongs to another face!!. It is redder than the rest of my face, and covered in a mixture of active nodular like lesions, fresh scars, and old scars from nostril to nostril!!!!

I've even had several of my friends ask me what the problem with my nose is!!! The worst part is that the rest of my face is usually flawless or with only minimal lesions, while my nose looks like something out of a horror movie.

I need to know if anyone has any suggestions for my condition.

-How do I get rid of these scars?

-How do I get rid of red nose?

-How do I get rid of this recurring acne (I have tried every topical on the face of this planet)?

HELP PLEASE!!!

Wow this is an interesting case because your face is ok except the nose. I think the redness is from inflammation from a breakout. Before you worry about the scars you wanna stop new lesions from forming. What products have you tried? Do OTC products do any good? If not then I would say talk to a derm. and explain the situation. Good luck.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I only surf this site when I break out....and....I just broke out!

I stopped taking topicals besides scentless soap and oil free moisturizer. BP, Klaron, Salicylic Acid, Mandelic Acid, Vit B5, Tea Tree Oil, Proactive, Dan's Regimen....tried them all. Worked for a minute...then stopped.

Derms have wasted my time and money. They always say that my case is not serious enough to warrant prescriptions and they just advise me to get the same stuff I've already tried. Because the bumps are mainly confined to my nose, derms seem to consider it less of a problem. However, I think it makes me look really really weird.

Thinking about some laser options...but I've heard so many horror stories about those kinds of procedures.

I've had the exact same problem for the last 3 years. Had severe cystic acne throughout my teenage years which eventually cleared up and then 3 years ago it decided to flare up on my nose. It was driving me mad. Nothing I tried worked until I started using Differin Cream about a week ago and now it seems to be clearing up. I am hopeful that this will sort it out.