Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It should. Sea salt helps acne so Im assuming salt water would help to

What part of California are you visiting? I was born here and have lived in northern california my whole life

What part of California are you visiting? I was born here and have lived in northern california my whole life

San Francisco and San Jose

San Francisco and San Jose

Yeah I live close to SF

i was wondering. if sea salt and ocean water and w/e helps acne....why not use that more often to help yourself? i live in miami florida and i do see the difference when i go to the beach. ive been going more often and my face pretty much stays ok. i get the occasional breakout but for the most part, it helps.

do you guys go to the beach for acne help purposes? sounds funny.

Ooh, I thought you said that you lived there. lol, I suck at reading things carefully!

Mr Dolo, I would love to go to the beach all the time, but I live about an hour away from it. :( The best thing I can do is buy sea salt and mix it with water and bathe in it. :cry:

yea, thats what i figured. sometimes i can't go to the beach when i want to ...being we also have cursed rain along with the sunshine.

does the sea salt mixture come close to the actual thing? and is it worth the shot?

Salt water helps to clear up acne because it is a natural dehydrator. While I've never tried applying salt water to my face to dry out the oils, I'm sure it can't do much harm. Just make sure you don't do it too often. When your face gets too dry, oil production increases to compensate and that can lead to clogged pores and acne. Good luck and let us know how it works for you.

Salt water helps kill bacteria and draw out impurities, that's why people use it on new piercings or swish/gargle it in their mouth when there's a wound or sore throat, etc, therefore aiding healing. If anyone owns a fishtank (freshwater) adding a small amount of aquarium grade salt helps overall health, and dosing with it can help when there is disease. So I don't see why it wouldn't help acne, at least to some degree. I wish I lived near the ocean, those who do should take advantage of it ;)

Yes saltwater i believe is one of the best things for your skin. I live in Australia a few minutes from the beach and i make sure i got a minimum of 5 times a week in Summer. My skin stays perfect all Summer, we are just getting into winter now and it has finally become to cold to swim at the beach in the last few weeks. Since I have stopped going to the beach my skin has turned to shit..

Would be cool if they had indoor saltwater pools lol, like those indoor wavepools...just add salt and its like the ocean :P