Notifications
Clear all

Hair loss

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 04/20/2007 10:11 pm

Does the hair come back after the accutane course?

MemberMember
(@unnamed)

Posted : 04/21/2007 11:07 am

Yes it does. Though in some rare cases, your hair will become permanently thinner.

MemberMember
(@_andy_)

Posted : 04/21/2007 8:04 pm

Unnamed,

How do you know it comes back? Everybody says so, but did you lose hair and get it back?

MemberMember
(@_andy_)

Posted : 04/21/2007 8:37 pm

My biggest fear about the hair loss I experienced is that, as a male probably predisposed to male pattern baldness, the hair I lost might not come back. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

My hairs, for example, are very fine. But they are fine all over, not just in the typical pattern areas. Do you think that Accutane makes hair finer? Is this what people mean by "brittle"?

MemberMember
(@ithappens)

Posted : 04/22/2007 3:02 am

Unnamed,

How do you know it comes back? Everybody says so, but did you lose hair and get it back?

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 04/22/2007 10:00 am

This really scares me because I notice that my hair is thinner now, I don't feel like taking accutane anymore

MemberMember
(@_andy_)

Posted : 04/22/2007 11:12 am

Unnamed,

no one knows if it will come back and if you read around there is a good chance it will not and be permanent if your hair loss occurs up to two months post accutane. i've been off accutane for almost three months and if anything the hair loss has gotten worse. some days are worse than others, but it just keeps coming out by a ton each day. my hair is thinner all over and also, the texture of my hair is now this curly mess, it used to be straight and thick and now it is this thin curly mess. and people can say all they want about how it comes back, but as i have said before I HAVE NOT SEEN OR EVEN REMOTELY HEARD OF ONE PERSON DEALING WITH LONG TERM ACCUTANE HAIR LOSS HAVE IT STOP AND GROW BACK NOT ONE. look around the forum and other forums there are people who have been dealing with this for YEARS.

MemberMember
(@ithappens)

Posted : 04/22/2007 2:17 pm

Unnamed,

no one knows if it will come back and if you read around there is a good chance it will not and be permanent if your hair loss occurs up to two months post accutane. i've been off accutane for almost three months and if anything the hair loss has gotten worse. some days are worse than others, but it just keeps coming out by a ton each day. my hair is thinner all over and also, the texture of my hair is now this curly mess, it used to be straight and thick and now it is this thin curly mess. and people can say all they want about how it comes back, but as i have said before I HAVE NOT SEEN OR EVEN REMOTELY HEARD OF ONE PERSON DEALING WITH LONG TERM ACCUTANE HAIR LOSS HAVE IT STOP AND GROW BACK NOT ONE. look around the forum and other forums there are people who have been dealing with this for YEARS.

MemberMember
(@xiomara)

Posted : 04/22/2007 2:34 pm

Yes it does. Though in some rare cases, your hair will become permanently thinner.
MemberMember
(@_andy_)

Posted : 04/22/2007 2:38 pm

Unnamed,

Ithappens,

Believe me, I feel your pain, and I have my doubts, too, but I have in fact read a good number of posts describing how the hair comes back.

For women, there appears to be a chance (just a chance) of chronic telogen effluvium, in which she grows back the hair only to lose it again. For men, there appears to be a chance that, if he is predisposed to MPB, the hair does not grow back. But I have ultimately read good stories about the hair coming back.

Again, I feel your pain, but you should wait at least 6 months before you claim the hair loss is permanent. The success stories I have read describe the hair coming back at least 9 months to a year after the hair loss.

MemberMember
(@xiomara)

Posted : 04/22/2007 2:42 pm

Shen Min supplements are great. I took those before Accutane.

MemberMember
(@ithappens)

Posted : 04/23/2007 12:59 am

Unnamed,

Ithappens,

Believe me, I feel your pain, and I have my doubts, too, but I have in fact read a good number of posts describing how the hair comes back.

For women, there appears to be a chance (just a chance) of chronic telogen effluvium, in which she grows back the hair only to lose it again. For men, there appears to be a chance that, if he is predisposed to MPB, the hair does not grow back. But I have ultimately read good stories about the hair coming back.

Again, I feel your pain, but you should wait at least 6 months before you claim the hair loss is permanent. The success stories I have read describe the hair coming back at least 9 months to a year after the hair loss.

MemberMember
(@jbhk)

Posted : 04/23/2007 5:37 am

Ithappens has had a bad experience with Accutane and hair loss and posts accordingly. I understand he or she is only 2 months post course and there is a chance that his/her will grow back. However, there is a risk involved here (which should neither be over exaggerated or under estimated). I have seen statistics that hair loss occurs in about 10% of people. Of this, most people / doctors I have seen write on the subject say that hair returns to normal at some point after Accutane. However, I have seen some Accutane users claim that it has never returned to its pre Accutane condition. Its really hard to judge this without seeing hard evidence one way or the other. I experienced increased hair shedding but 6 months post Accutane it is now back to normal.

MemberMember
(@ithappens)

Posted : 04/23/2007 11:21 am

Ithappens has had a bad experience with Accutane and hair loss and posts accordingly. I understand he or she is only 2 months post course and there is a chance that his/her will grow back. However, there is a risk involved here (which should neither be over exaggerated or under estimated). I have seen statistics that hair loss occurs in about 10% of people. Of this, most people / doctors I have seen write on the subject say that hair returns to normal at some point after Accutane. However, I have seen some Accutane users claim that it has never returned to its pre Accutane condition. Its really hard to judge this without seeing hard evidence one way or the other. I experienced increased hair shedding but 6 months post Accutane it is now back to normal.
MemberMember
(@vicereine)

Posted : 04/23/2007 4:16 pm

Well if it happened to me I'm sure I'd be just as upset, but as someone pointed out it's only 2 months post Accutane for you so it doesn't mean it's permanent. Give your little cells some time to repair themselves back to normal, after that I suppose is when the hair will grow back normal (not curly). I guess in 4 months you'll have a better idea...

MemberMember
(@jbhk)

Posted : 04/24/2007 2:58 am

even if hair loss falls into the 10% category that's 1 out of every ten people still is a hell of a high number and should be considered a MAJOR SIDE EFFECT. and no it's not the increased shedding etc it's the fact that i have experienced extreme shedding plus zero regrowth plus change in hair texture etc. trust me this stuff can and is completely capable of destroying your hair. just go to google and type in accutane hair loss.
MemberMember
(@oscarbernabe)

Posted : 04/22/2013 10:57 am

Two months ago, I noticed my hair keeps on falling and my nails are so brittle. My friend recommended Biotin of Hercules Vitamins. Has anyone tried any products of Hercules Vitamins yet?

Thanks in advance...

MemberMember
(@citygirl039)

Posted : 04/22/2013 12:47 pm

Take Biotin while you are on Accutane it will help with the hair loss. It will cut it down. You can get this safe vitamin at GNC

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 04/23/2013 6:26 am

Sorry,but as post accutane extreme hair loss victim biotin does not work nothing works this drug completely and utterly destroys your hair leaving you with a fairy floss like thinning mess of dead hair.

In 32 years I have never had short hair in my life but with so little left and the sheer fragility and loss on a daily basis being so distressing I am so very close to cutting off what I have left as it is an absolute revolting mess a anyway I do t see what I'm trying to save any more.

I am over 2 years post treatment and have post the majority of my once luscious beautiful hair.

This drug takes everything from you and leaves and empty shell of a human in its place

MemberMember
(@oscarbernabe)

Posted : 04/25/2013 12:31 pm

Sorry,but as post accutane extreme hair loss victim biotin does not work nothing works this drug completely and utterly destroys your hair leaving you with a fairy floss like thinning mess of dead hair.

In 32 years I have never had short hair in my life but with so little left and the sheer fragility and loss on a daily basis being so distressing I am so very close to cutting off what I have left as it is an absolute revolting mess a anyway I do t see what I'm trying to save any more.

I am over 2 years post treatment and have post the majority of my once luscious beautiful hair.

This drug takes everything from you and leaves and empty shell of a human in its place

Does accutane really damaged your hair? I used Hercules Biotin for 2 days now and noticeably, my hair fall has been reduced but am still open for recommendations. Would you mind recommending me of any vitamins to have my hair stop on falling?

Thank you so much for your help, you've been very helpful

MemberMember
(@carlosflores)

Posted : 05/07/2013 1:06 pm

Hello Oscar,

Am using Hercules CoQ10 for almost a year now and since then I haven't been sick, feeling clean inside, more energized and my breathing is now better.

Haven't been tried Hercules Biotin yet but above all CoQ10 dietary supplements in the market, I highly recommend Hercules CoQ10

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/07/2013 2:04 pm

I had hair thinning on Roaccutane. I took it 10 years ago and every year my hair continues to get thinner and thinner.

MemberMember
(@marlonmenth)

Posted : 05/17/2013 12:50 pm

Hi Carlos Flores,

It's nice to know someone is also using dietary supplement same as I am taking. Am taking Hercules CoQ10 for about 2 years and this supplement is really amazing :) Hope you continue using it carlos. I heard all products of Hercules Vitamins are all great

Hello Oscar,

Am using Hercules CoQ10 for almost a year now and since then I haven't been sick, feeling clean inside, more energized and my breathing is now better.

Haven't been tried Hercules Biotin yet but above all CoQ10 dietary supplements in the market, I highly recommend Hercules CoQ10

MemberMember
(@quentinalexandergeizler)

Posted : 05/24/2013 11:01 am

I agree to carlos, My mom also using it and we noticed a year after she takes it daily, her hair starts to grow and she is more active on her daily activities compare to almost bedridden last year. Thanks to Co Enzyme Q10