Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yang

Plz read this who have moderate acne

HI ~ I am 17 years old.

Ive been on the DKR regimen for almost 4 weeks now.

I had moderate acne before I started the regimen.

Ive used Cetaphill normal to oil cleanser, neutrogena on the spot, and cetaphill moisturizing lotion.

I wash my face about 10 seconds, use almost 2 full fingers, and use moisturizer slightly less than bp usage.

I wait about 2 mins after washing my face and wait 10 mins after using bp.

I think Ive been gentle and followed exactly what the regimen says.

I didn't touch my face and didn't get the sun exposure, and being careful about what I am eating.

during the regimen, Ive got some pimples like the usual.

I don't think my skin has been improved.

The regimen even did not reduce my whitehead.

its still on my face !

I think it actually had to reduce white heads

b/c whiteheads are the mildest acne . arent' those ?

are whitebeads are more tuff to get rid of for the ppl who have moderate acne ?

I hope it works for me after the week 4 which I have to use the full amount of bp.

did you guys who have moderate acne experiences same situation like me ?

It didn't even get rid of whiteheads..

Yes, I'm afraid it took a bit of time here too. I bought the BP for my son back in October and he began the gentle wash, apply BP, apply moisturizer routine as best I know. I kept waiting to see dramatic improvement, but it wasn't forthcoming (especially with the whiteheads). I encouraged him to increase the amount of BP, try an exfoliating aspirin mask once a week and use an exfoliating baby brush every night, but I guess it just takes time for all the bacteria to become killed. Every time it seemed things were looking good, they would turn bad again. I suppose it's just the nature of bacteria. Anyway, he's 14 and he's been reasonably clear now for maybe two months. He still has the red spots on his face, but they are fading, and he does still get the occasion pimple, but nothing like before. My recommendation would be to keep at it, because it seems like all medicines kind of work in this manner (not overnight and oftentimes not for three months).

Good luck and hang in there...

well the DKR is not like " see results overnight!"

it takes like anywhere to 1-3 months when you start using full finger BP

i also had moderate acne back then, but now im staying relatively clear

another thing might be, and this is just a possibility, but the neutrogena on the spot. i NEVER saw results with that, even though it was recommended. it dried out my skin way too much and just never improved it. i didnt start seeing results until i got dans bp.

I had moderate acne and was not clear at all after four weeks--I had seen some signs of progress, but was still breaking out and quite dry. It took a few more weeks for my skin to snap out of it, and I believe that I am one of the faster cases of people who cleared up from the regimen. Also, I started out with Dan's BP, which might have helped. It's not like the regimen starts off by preventing whiteheads and then goes on to prevent more severe types of inflammatory acne, really, either. Whiteheads (if you are talking about true whiteheads and not just tiny pustules) are comedonal, not inflammatory, too, so BP doesn't work as well against them as it does your classical red bump pimple since BP's antibacterial action won't stop your pores from getting clogged, though it is mildly comedolytic. Give it some time, and keep doing the regimen correctly!

another thing might be, and this is just a possibility, but the neutrogena on the spot. i NEVER saw results with that, even though it was recommended. it dried out my skin way too much and just never improved it. i didnt start seeing results until i got dans bp.

Ditto. The Neutrogena dried my skin out so bad. Dan's BP is wonderful.