Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a guy that wears some makeup b/c I have a TON of redmarks/brownmarks. Of course I can't do the makeup real well but it still covers a good amount of my spots. I had these redmarks/brownmarks basically for like 2 years plus b/c more pimples came. My acne is pretty much in control b/c I started eating well but these marks just doesn't dissapear.

The thing is when i wash off my makeup, I look like crap. I look in the mirror and am unhappy b/c of the spots I have. It actually looks like pimples from a distance but it's all post acne marks whether it's red or brown. A buddy of mine who is a guy saw me without makeup and said damn, you got lot of spots but he knows I'm very self conscious which is why he doesn't make any makeup jokes about me.

Most people really can't tell I use makeup even from upclose. I remembered some girl told my buddy your friend has good skin which I feel guilty b/c I use makeup. Having makeup done good is definitely a confidence booster but it also makes me feel so fake. I also noticed that when I dress better along with the makeup I get good looks from women smile.gif

I had acne real bad these few years and other problems which meant I didn't have much confidence to really do anything. I am 21 also now which means I am getting pretty old. The thing that makes me not confident now is that when I do get looks from woman I am interested, is I feel like a fake. I am not afraid to talk to anybody. My problem is just that they aren't looking at the REAL me, b/c of the makeup.

Honestly, I look like complete trash without makeup. Most of the woman see me with makeup so I really don't know what to say to them after going out with them and telling them "This isn't how i really look." I use makeup but I don't overdo it where people can tell I use makeup. I feel like I'm lying to the girl by having most of my marks covered.

Would most of you females have a big problem with this? Like you see him everyday and he looks good then you talk to him , then date him and am attracted to him. He looks good but without makeup, he has a lot of marks, not pimples.

Any comments would be appreciated?

I have a question for you.. what concealer do you use? mine is crap looks fake.

The makeup will only be temporarily until you clear up. if your conciencious about how you look then just keep using the makeup it's what id do.

every guy on the cover of peoples sexiest man alive is wearing make up. why is it wrong for "regular human males" to wear make up?

Guest Kimmay

if guys wanna wear makeup itz cool wit me

I wear foundation and concealer and powder EVERYDAY. I also wear rather heavy foundation. I blend very, very well and have been doing it forever so it is pretty unoticable on me too. I don't reccommend heavy foundation on a guy unless he has MAJOR experience wearing makeup and blending.

well i use to use this concealer called King of Shaves concealer but it has been discontinued. I use Dermablend Cover Creme BUT its not a concealer. It's more like a foundation I THINK, not sure whats the proper term. I bought it at Macy's and the saleslady does an EXCELLENT job with helping me with the makeup. My face looked like I had not one blemish or redmark/brownmark. It does cost like 27.50 per bottle so it isn't cheap.

However, I cannot do the same myself with the makeup b/c I don't have the skills. I have been using it for like 7 months maybe but never actually did it perfectly like the saleslady at macys. the thign about dermablend is that either you do it real well or it looks real bad. If you are bad at putting makeup, i wouldn't suggest dermablend because it is one of the hardest makeup to put on properly. The concealer i used called King of Shaves was so easy to put on but it didn't cover the marks as well.

i don't think most women would have an issue with it. maybe if yiu were doing eyeliner and shadow and stuff, but even then...to each their own. i wouldn't worry about it. it just means that you care about how you look. like someone earlier said, any guy you see in the media most likely has makeup on, and as long as they don't look too done up then no one thinks a thing about it. and the skill of using makeup with come with time.

i don't think most women would have an issue with it. maybe if yiu were doing eyeliner and shadow and stuff, but even then...to each their own. i wouldn't worry about it. it just means that you care about how you look. like someone earlier said, any guy you see in the media most likely has makeup on, and as long as they don't look too done up then no one thinks a thing about it. and the skill of using makeup with come with time.

i would continue to use the make-up.. more power to you. i'm starting to now b/c i'm sick of seeing my red/brown marks.

i don't think girls would mind at all. i think when they find out you're "less perfect" they'll like you even more b/c they are probably using make-up to cover themselves too. i know some girls who are intimidated by guys "prettier" than them lol. anyways, don't worry about it!

i don't understand why it's feminine for a guy to take care of himself and the term "metrosexual" should be a compliment.. guys want to look good too. i find wearing make-up no different than going to the gym to get a six pack, shaving or getting a hair cut, buying "bling-bling" and nice clothes.. it's all done to better your appearace. then again, i hate gender roles and how we socialize men to be uber masculine "oh, let's go fix the car and then not wash our hands"

i would continue to use the make-up.. more power to you. i'm starting to now b/c i'm sick of seeing my red/brown marks.

i don't think girls would mind at all. i think when they find out you're "less perfect" they'll like you even more b/c they are probably using make-up to cover themselves too. i know some girls who are intimidated by guys "prettier" than them lol. anyways, don't worry about it!

i don't understand why it's feminine for a guy to take care of himself and the term "metrosexual" should be a compliment.. guys want to look good too. i find wearing make-up no different than going to the gym to get a six pack, shaving or getting a hair cut, buying "bling-bling" and nice clothes.. it's all done to better your appearace. then again, i hate gender roles and how we socialize men to be uber masculine "oh, let's go fix the car and then not wash our hands"

I think a lot of women are more accepting of it nowadays. I don't have a problem with it. I would be bothered if my boyfriend wore eye makeup and all that, just because that's not what I'm attracted to. But I use makeup to cover my imperfections, why can't guys?

You can tell that it is becoming more socially acceptable for men to wear concealers and foundations because cosmetics brands are beginning to make coverup designed specifically for men.

I think it's fine for men to use makeup to cover imperfections.

But I share your sentiments about the makeup making you feel fake thing. I feel the same way when I use makeup. I mean, I don't feel guilty or anything, but sometimes, I really do feel like I'm just putting on a painted mask to face the world.

Sounds dramatic, lol, but I long for the day I can just go anywhere with a bare face and not feel self-conscious.

I think you should feel great about yourself! If you are getting those looks, it is not because of your makeup, it is because you are freaking hot! Think about it, there are a lot of not so great looking women out there and most of them are wearing something.

When I started working in corporate america, it seemed like makeup was just part of the dress code for women. Nowdays in the morning, I look at myself in the mirror and I look blotchy and awful. I know, however, that is just because I am used to seeing myself with makeup AND I am looking at myself right after washing which always is the worst time. Relax my friend. :dance:

I think you should feel great about yourself! If you are getting those looks, it is not because of your makeup, it is because you are freaking hot! Think about it, there are a lot of not so great looking women out there and most of them are wearing something.

When I started working in corporate america, it seemed like makeup was just part of the dress code for women. Nowdays in the morning, I look at myself in the mirror and I look blotchy and awful. I know, however, that is just because I am used to seeing myself with makeup AND I am looking at myself right after washing which always is the worst time. Relax my friend. :dance:

Male celebrities use make up all the time; it's not a huge deal. I think as far as foundation and concealer are concerned it should be perfectly fine, but it's important that you blend very well and use a shade that matches your skin.