Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im not normally someone who feels the need to tell people how i feel, but today i just wondered how many times acne has fucked up my life. How many opportunites have a missed beacause of this crap?

Last summer i was helping teach foreign students at uni. I was working with these two fit french girls who were doing their masters, and well i got on really well with one of them imparticular. I could tell she liked me and i made it pretty obvious i liked her. Unfortuantely she was going out with one of my lecturers at the time so thats where it reamined. Then today she was back in uni from some work placement and i found out she single. I did my best to avoid her all day but then she comes into our computer lab to get some work printed. I try and hide behind monitor and keep wishing that she doesnt notice me. But she sees me and comes over to ask about my final year project.

Now i know your thinking that ive gotta grow some balls and act normally, but im 2 months into tane course and my skin is absolutely awfull at the moment. I can see her enthusiasm drain from her eyes as she scans from one spot to the next. I do my best, but i get embaressed and due to the tane i flush too. I musta seemed pretty different than the confident, good looking guy she remembered.

Now of course she will find someone else and ive missed a real chance of something good. I sorry if this is depressing, but this isnt the first time this has happened to me. God i fucking HATE my skin.

I hear you man, same thing happen to me, minus the whole teaching thing. But I wasn't on tane.

It's one the worlds most shittest feeling ever.

I know how you feel...Theres this girl that I work with who went to the same school I did. I always had a "thing" for her even though I never knew anything about her except that a friend of mine was friends with her. Well at work we didn't talk to each other much for a while but I liked her and I know she liked me. After a while we actually started to talk (I left a bad impression by being all shy and what not) and I swear to god shes like my other half. It sounds stupid cause I'm only 19 but every single thing about her is amaizing. We like the same stuff and Ive noticed little things that she does that I do to. Well I stoped using this pro active rip off brand(which made my face look/feel weird) a few weeks ago that Ive been using for years now that helped keep my acne semi under control to experiment with other ways to treat it. My acne got worse which has been making me really depressed and feel like total crap. It seems like everyday that I go into work I find my self avoiding her as much as possible just so she doesn't see the breakouts I've been having. I'm always pissed off at work now cause of acne and I get so stressed(I work in a warehouse that I'm constantly lifting boxes so acne makes it worse). I think she thinks I'm mad at her or that I just don't want to talk to her but thats def not the case. I REALLY like her but as long as I have this bulls**t acne I know I'll never be able to be confident around her. I really wanna talk to her in priv about why I've been acting weird cause I know she would understand (I saw that she had a few breakouts before at work) but I know it will never happen. It just pisses me off that there are many good things I could have in my life right now but acne has completely ruined my chances. Thanks acne. :rolleyes:

Same thing happend to me years ago, I really liked this girl, she liked me too. My acne got bad, so I avoided her and acted really uncomfortable when talking to her. She eventually gave up, thinking that I didn't like her. Fucking sucks ay.

I know the feeling bro, in my college girls in my class stare at me cause i catch them staring at me. I mainly have redmarks left from acne and you can't really see them from far but up close is a different story and these redmarks are taking a long time to fade. I am self conscious about theses damn marks and instead of trying to hook with one of these cute girls i just ignore them like i've never really noticed them. Freaking acne and what it leaves behind but i know things will get better eventually, keep your head up bro in the meantime...

Yea, I never imagined a little thing such as acne could ruin someone's social life like this. I see cute girls all the time when Im out, and it's devastating to know that I have no chance to interact with them since I know that my bad skin makes me DOA [dead on arrival].

And when I do try, they look at me in funny way like "You have the balls to talk to me?" or "You are wasting my time. Stop disturbing me!"

Girls always say that personality is more important than the appearance, but I learned it the hard way that it's not true.

Girls always say that personality is more important than the appearance, but I learned it the hard way that it's not true.

Haha. Well yes, not all girls are shallow. There are exceptions to everything [i'll put you as an exception! =D] But nonetheless, it is difficult to find open-minded people.

It is just frustrating to know that no matter how much I have to offer, people wont sit down to hear about it. They assume that, because I have acne, I am some sick person who has "issues" and some other burrito-sauce licking problems. >_<

Haha. Well yes, not all girls are shallow. There are exceptions to everything [i'll put you as an exception! =D] But nonetheless, it is difficult to find open-minded people.

It is just frustrating to know that no matter how much I have to offer, people wont sit down to hear about it. They assume that, because I have acne, I am some sick person who has "issues" and some other burrito-sauce licking problems. >_<

no worries bro! im just glad 4 u u are doing somethin about ur acne.and WHEN ur clear ul have all that confidence back....i did ;)

Thanks for all the posts, its good to know hear how there are other people who are/have experienced the same. All my mates are worried about what shirt to wear, or how much hair gel to put on and i dont think they could understand even if i was to tell them how much it pisses me off.

Yeah, same shit happens to me missed soo many good things because of fucking acne..had it over 6 years since i was 17/18 and a whole chunk of my life is gone.

Now im soo pissed off, im seeking the best treatment skin peel/laser whatever...i cant take this shit anymore

I hated my whole teenage years. So many opportunites lost! I do believe most people are pretty shallow to an extent, but i also think they act towards you according to not just how you look but mostly how insecure/secure you are with yourself and your appearance. I can't wait till this acne's over and get my confidence back. The acne's started to fix up, and when it does at least i know i'll be the opposite of those poepel who judge purely on appearance.

man, I know that horrible feeling. I worked in a closed in shop with two men in their 50s and 60s when I was on accutane and I lived by my self. I didn't really have to go anywhere, but when I did.....I think I was ashamed. I had so much self confidence also prior to 'the breakout' and I had never had acne that bad before. its so amazing how we let our physical appearance decide how we interact with others. but it is true that we notice our acne and scars much more than other poeple do. i want to say, try not to let it bother you, but thats so much easier said than done. hang in there though. it will get better.

She isn't a real woman if she based her decision on how bad you looked. She could have missed out on something really great, but because of a few spots on the face she turned you down (from how you put it).

It's not your fault, it's hers.

..just want you to know that ive felt what you felt that day.. im with you..

hope this drug ends your suffering.. hope you get better and get the old you back.. goodluck man.. :comfort: