Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a guy that wears some makeup b/c I have a TON of redmarks/brownmarks. Of course I can't do the makeup real well but it still covers a good amount of my spots. I had these redmarks/brownmarks basically for like 2 years plus b/c more pimples came. My acne is pretty much in control b/c I started eating well but these marks just doesn't dissapear.

The thing is when i wash off my makeup, I look like crap. I look in the mirror and am unhappy b/c of the spots I have. It actually looks like pimples from a distance but it's all post acne marks whether it's red or brown. A buddy of mine who is a guy saw me without makeup and said damn, you got lot of spots but he knows I'm very self conscious which is why he doesn't make any makeup jokes about me.

Most people really can't tell I use makeup even from upclose. I remembered some girl told my buddy your friend has good skin which I feel guilty b/c I use makeup. Having makeup done good is definitely a confidence booster but it also makes me feel so fake. I also noticed that when I dress better along with the makeup I get good looks from women :)

I had acne real bad these few years and other problems which meant I didn't have much confidence to really do anything. I am 21 also now which means I am getting pretty old. The thing that makes me not confident now is that when I do get looks from woman I am interested, is I feel like a fake. I am not afraid to talk to anybody. My problem is just that they aren't looking at the REAL me, b/c of the makeup.

Honestly, I look like complete trash without makeup. Most of the woman see me with makeup so I really don't know what to say to them after going out with them and telling them "This isn't how i really look." I use makeup but I don't overdo it where people can tell I use makeup. I feel like I'm lying to the girl by having most of my marks covered.

Would most of you females have a big problem with this? Like you see him everyday and he looks good then you talk to him , then date him and am attracted to him. He looks good but without makeup, he has a lot of marks, not pimples.

Any comments would be appreciated?

I'm a guy that wears some makeup b/c I have a TON of redmarks/brownmarks. Of course I can't do the makeup real well but it still covers a good amount of my spots. I had these redmarks/brownmarks basically for like 2 years plus b/c more pimples came. My acne is pretty much in control b/c I started eating well but these marks just doesn't dissapear.

The thing is when i wash off my makeup, I look like crap. I look in the mirror and am unhappy b/c of the spots I have. It actually looks like pimples from a distance but it's all post acne marks whether it's red or brown. A buddy of mine who is a guy saw me without makeup and said damn, you got lot of spots but he knows I'm very self conscious which is why he doesn't make any makeup jokes about me.

Most people really can't tell I use makeup even from upclose. I remembered some girl told my buddy your friend has good skin which I feel guilty b/c I use makeup. Having makeup done good is definitely a confidence booster but it also makes me feel so fake. I also noticed that when I dress better along with the makeup I get good looks from women :)

I had acne real bad these few years and other problems which meant I didn't have much confidence to really do anything. I am 21 also now which means I am getting pretty old. The thing that makes me not confident now is that when I do get looks from woman I am interested, is I feel like a fake. I am not afraid to talk to anybody. My problem is just that they aren't looking at the REAL me, b/c of the makeup.

Honestly, I look like complete trash without makeup. Most of the woman see me with makeup so I really don't know what to say to them after going out with them and telling them "This isn't how i really look." I use makeup but I don't overdo it where people can tell I use makeup. I feel like I'm lying to the girl by having most of my marks covered.

Would most of you females have a big problem with this? Like you see him everyday and he looks good then you talk to him , then date him and am attracted to him. He looks good but without makeup, he has a lot of marks, not pimples.

Any comments would be appreciated?

Hey most girls look completely different w/o makeup! Most of us are extremely efficient at covering up marks etc (whether they be from acne or otherwise) or drawing attention away from the parts we don't like using a slick of mascara... You would be amazed at the difference that makeup makes to my friends but some of their boyfriends don't even realise that they've never actually seen them w/o it!! Over time eventually they become comfortable enough to be seen w/o it (these are average girls btw with no acne but similar insecurities all be it to a lesser extent). Anyway my point is (rambling on here sorry!) that makeup is just a part of modern life as a way of making ones appearance more presentable just like clothes that suit your figure etc so in that case either we're all being fake or we're all making the best of ourselves.

Basically, there is no problem with what you are doing - everyone does it to some extent - guys and girls :surprised: