Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

Does your happiness correspond with the mirror lighting?

I figured out something about myself. My overall happiness is directly located to the lighting in my bathroom. I have a really bright fluorescent lighting in my bathroom and it makes my skin look like crap and then that personal image stays in my mind throughout the day and that is what's making me depressed about myself, but when I'm staying someplace where the mirror lighting is natural and dimmer, I feel fine about myself. Do you guys feel the same?

yes. i have not looked at myself in normal light in over a year. and i feel really great about it. why do that to yourself?

look you know seeing yourself in bright light is depressing right? so why do it? why put yourself under a microscope and feel bad? who tells you you have to do that? i know its everywhere in society, but your not a model (as bad as you might want to be). so thank god you're not and you live personally in a manner in which your looks aren't the end all and be all of existence.

some people on here will give you stupid advice like. you must look at yourself and accept yourself. i want you to look in the mirror in bright lights for ten minutes every morning. guess what? that is terrible advice. if its upsetting you dont do it!

look at yourself in dim light. i turn on the hall light which is from the back and diagnal so i look good. i shave like that with the bathroom door open. besides that i dont even look in the mirror. never in a strange mirror and never in bathroom at school work friends parents house or anywhere else that i cant experiment with first.

maybe eventually you can work up to something where you look at yourself. but your not at that stage and trying to force it will only make you feel like shit. so DO NOT DO IT.

you're not a movie star who needs to do that. and guess what. they all have bad skin. matt damon looks so good in the good shepard the whole goddam movie. i felt so bad watching it. then guess what. one of the last scenes he turn on an overhead light in his closet and for a split second you see his skin in normal light. IT WAS DISGUSTING. i rewinded my downloaded pirate copy and paused it on that and said WOW. the director of photography let that one slip through. if i was matty i'd be so mad. ruined the whole illusion with one bad shot, which i know from being in film briefly there really wasn't much of an alternative way to shoot that or make him look good. but as a major blockbuster it should have been fixed in post production. i mean it was only a few frames that needed digitizing. they did it for three character for an entire harry potter and they couldnt do it for matty in 24 frames?

did i distract you? good. dont look in mirrors. you dont have to and it makes you feel bad. life is perception. no one looks like their myspace photo. no one is happy with their skin. everyone lies. everyone does things to pump themselves up. dont put yourself under a microscope. dont single yourself out. dont be your own worst critic.

be your own director of photography!

not true. people dont stand an inch away from you and look at all your zits and judge you.

most people see you like you look in slightly dim light. why? because they aren't obsessive compulsives like us who look at others faces as we pass them on the street and look for any sort of a blemish to decided whether that persons skin is better or worse than our own.

most people look at you like a little kid does. they look at your face as a whole. they may form an emotional impression of you based on that but they are not picking out things or necessarily aware you even have acne.

like when i was a little kid and saw goonies. i was scared of the character with acne scarring all over his face. i wasnt sure why i thought he was scary. i didnt know what acne scarring was and i didnt pick that one thing out. but i formed an overall impression. but that guy has it super bad.

if your acne is moderate most people aren't noticing it. or even if they do they dismiss it cause everyone has had acne at one time or another and know its a temporary thing. that's even if they care what you look like at all.

when you become an adult you will realize its more important to feel good first and look good second. and to encourage others to do the same. whether that means not looking in a bright ass mirror or not mentioning their acne to their face, you know that its more important to forget about that stuff. because at some point you will have acne, wrinkles, stretch marks, thinning hair or some kind of skin thing that depresses you and realize you can't harp on because doing so only makes you feel bad.

well i have no idea what i look like becouse i look in so many diffrent mirrows and get diffrent results so i dont really know wtf i look like

just look in car mirrors during the day when I want the worst, even if my skin is completely smooth it still looks awful because of the marks, but at the one at my apt it looks ok sometimes, whatever it sucks I jus keep trying things and hope it works

well i have no idea what i look like becouse i look in so many diffrent mirrows and get diffrent results so i dont really know wtf i look like

Truth. I probably look into about a dozen different mirrors, if not more, in a week. Best one is my probably at my sisters place while the worst one is easily the car mirror(s).

im TERRIBLE for lookin in mirrors. anything that has a reflection i have to look in, it's so bad. I look at car windows cos i can see myslef in them, even SPOONS i look at cos my reflection is there. It's so bad, its a big obsession.

I only look at my skin either from far enough away so that the scars don't show or up VERY close, so I am only seeing a small part of my face. I dread going to the hairdressers as the distance of the chair to the mirror is in that space that I can't handle (plus their lighting doesn't help). Most people sit there looking at themselves while they get there hair done - I just tune out and keep my eyes firmly on my magazine.

Sometimes it does. I usually don't look at myself in the mirror of a public restroom because I know I'll look horrible and then whatever good mood I was in will vanish.

Yah Jaffa feels the same.Artificial lighting makes my face look like an inverted scrotum.In natural light people often mistake me for Brad Pitt. Case Closed :ninja:

Yah Jaffa feels the same.Artificial lighting makes my face look like an inverted scrotum.In natural light people often mistake me for Brad Pitt. Case Closed :ninja:

I will still take the truth rather that dimming my lights and pretending I look good. Stand 5 feet away from a large mirror and deal with it.

I'm not going to create an illusion for myself. Ill take the truth and deal with it like man.

I agree with shakey above, even though its hurtfull i'd rather know the truth than kidding myself i have beetter skin than i do.

Its like me pissing in ur pocket and telling you its raining.

I figured out something about myself. My overall happiness is directly located to the lighting in my bathroom. I have a really bright fluorescent lighting in my bathroom and it makes my skin look like crap and then that personal image stays in my mind throughout the day and that is what's making me depressed about myself, but when I'm staying someplace where the mirror lighting is natural and dimmer, I feel fine about myself. Do you guys feel the same?