Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a529612

No dairy diet

My face is really clearing up since I stopped drinking milk daily from a week ago. I suppose the milk we are getting these days are loaded with junk like hormones, antibiotics, etc. Does anyone have similar results from quitting dairy altogether?

i cut all dairy out of my diet.. i'm all soy now- soymilk, soycheese, soy-yogurt..

and i think its helped my skin out a lot too..

I don't really drink milk on purpose, but a big part of my diet is yogurt. I eat yogurt with everything, and I don't want to cut it out. =/

My face is really clearing up since I stopped drinking milk daily from a week ago. I suppose the milk we are getting these days are loaded with junk like hormones, antibiotics, etc. Does anyone have similar results from quitting dairy altogether?

Do you think organic milk will make any difference? I don't want to lose my teeth and bones.

I don't really drink milk on purpose, but a big part of my diet is yogurt. I eat yogurt with everything, and I don't want to cut it out. =/

i was worried about dairy products too

i cut out dairy products from my diet completely when i started DKR

when im completely clear and get things under control, ill see if milk or yogurts make me break out

Nope. I eat dairy products all of the time: Whey/casein/milk protein isolate, kefir, yogurt, skim milk, cheese, cottage cheese. Absolutely clear.

Those hormones will never make it to your body. It's the same reason why steroids, insulin, or even HGH must be injected. However, milk in terms of a digestion process will result in an increase in insulin. However, I seriously doubt that alone would cause the problem over the course of the day. It's much more likely the diet as a whole.

Antibiotics? Is there a study showing that antibiotics used in cows make it to the milk and kill bacteria in the flora? Or is this just quackery?

I cut about 95% of dairy out. I realized that when I do start eating it again I break out. I only have ice cream occasionally and maybe a little Caribou Coffee here and there. I'll give you some advice right now: If you haven't had it at all for a while, don't have a lot of it all at once; it gives you really really bad stomach aches.

unless you are lactose intolerant i don't see why cutting out dairy should be a priority especially if they are organic sources

hormones ? doesn't your body produce way more of these on a daily basis ?

iodine ? iodized salt is a much bigger problem

i cut out most dairy myself because i can just get calcium from broccoli or similar vegetables instead and i haven't noticed much change when i decide to indulge in dairy (eg. deli cheese) once in a while

on the other hand cutting out simple carbs is a huge difference because the decrease in inflammation is very noticable

Nope. I eat dairy products all of the time: Whey/casein/milk protein isolate, kefir, yogurt, skim milk, cheese, cottage cheese. Absolutely clear.

Those hormones will never make it to your body. It's the same reason why steroids, insulin, or even HGH must be injected. However, milk in terms of a digestion process will result in an increase in insulin. However, I seriously doubt that alone would cause the problem over the course of the day. It's much more likely the diet as a whole.

Antibiotics? Is there a study showing that antibiotics used in cows make it to the milk and kill bacteria in the flora? Or is this just quackery?

Can you describe how it's clearing up exactly. Tell me how much acne you had before, and did your face get less oily? Because that is how it will contribute directly. Tell me in detail, I'm really curious

An esthetician once suggested cutting dairy out of my diet, except for special occasions. Her thought process was that the fat in cheeses slowed down digestion in most people's GI system, that many people can't digest large quantities of lactose, and that hormones and antibiotics in milk were causing hormone problems in us.

I don't drink milk because of the high sugar content, as well as my poor digestion (I avoid eating too much carbs and protein at one time). I find kefir to be a great alternative source (its fermented milk, similar to drinkable yoburt).

I tried cutting it out a long time ago and it didn't help me. But I've seen plenty of posts from people that say it did. It is a common allergen and so breakouts could be caused by that. And also perhaps people who are lactose intollerant and when you can't digest things properly, they can cause problems. And then there's the sugar. I've read that it is better to not drink skim milk, for many reasons, but one is that the fats help slow down digestion and less sugar gets absorbed.

According to tests, I am mildly allergic to cow dairy, but I have no idea what my reaction is.