Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

What does a metabolism of fat imply?

So pantethine (the precursor to Co enzyme A), "is critical in the metabolism and synthesis of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats."

Does that mean when taken with fish oil, it will burn up the fat, making it useless / less useful?

Or break it down and use it more effectively?

Or, it makes no difference?

I hope you all can give me some input, I'm in a dilemma about it.

no i dont think it will burn it up and make it less useful, but while we are on the topic of b5 id like to say that overdosing on vitamins is not an ideal thing to do now this is just mu opinion but in no place in nature do you find high amounts of b5 in food so its not very natural to do and will most likely do nothing to support normal bodily processes. but even in the case of a real defiency you could probably take higher then normal doses for two months and be a ok but long term use just seems unjustified even if there was onecrazy study done on it in some other country. A study that will carry weight will have been repeated and have similar results in each study. there isnt a strong enough argument(that ive read) for b5 for anyone to be taking it, but thats just how i see it.

no i dont think it will burn it up and make it less useful, but while we are on the topic of b5 id like to say that overdosing on vitamins is not an ideal thing to do now this is just mu opinion but in no place in nature do you find high amounts of b5 in food so its not very natural to do and will most likely do nothing to support normal bodily processes. but even in the case of a real defiency you could probably take higher then normal doses for two months and be a ok but long term use just seems unjustified even if there was onecrazy study done on it in some other country. A study that will carry weight will have been repeated and have similar results in each study. there isnt a strong enough argument(that ive read) for b5 for anyone to be taking it, but thats just how i see it.

Not really sure how you can say there's not a strong enough argument for b5 when its pretty much guaranteed to cut back sebum production (assuming no conflicting supplements and the right amount), and helps so much. I'd actually like to see somewhere that goes into how much of the vitamins actually absorbed though, as with some vits, over a certain amount in one go doesn't really get processed. Not sure if its the same with b5 or not.

I agree its not ideal, but I haven't seen anything really that cuts back oil other than accutane and b5. There's a few bits with the fish oil & gte, but nothing that convincing yet, just seems very helpful overall those 2.

Not really sure how you can say there's not a strong enough argument for b5 when its pretty much guaranteed to cut back sebum production (assuming no conflicting supplements and the right amount), and helps so much. I'd actually like to see somewhere that goes into how much of the vitamins actually absorbed though, as with some vits, over a certain amount in one go doesn't really get processed. Not sure if its the same with b5 or not.

I agree its not ideal, but I haven't seen anything really that cuts back oil other than accutane and b5. There's a few bits with the fish oil & gte, but nothing that convincing yet, just seems very helpful overall those 2.

well my personal experiance with b5 was that it made me piss alot and thats it and the only other thing its got going for it is the one study that exists, perhaps i didnt take enough for long enough but gave a good chance and saw not much improvement but really im not that knowledgable on b5 at the moment because i cant find a good reason to be.

I'd say the main thing going for it is all the posts on this forum where people have said how its worked for them, that counts way more than any study, but anyway getting a tad off topic I guess.

So pantethine (the precursor to Co enzyme A), "is critical in the metabolism and synthesis of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats."

It merely means it is used in both the making of andthe breaking down of, carbs, proteins and fats.

It isn't a specific enough statement for us to garner much info out of it in terms of how coenzyme A plays a role in acne.