Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Im So Tired of My Face Looking Like an Art Project

I feel so sad :( Im so tired of my face looking like an art project. Everytime I wake up from a nap or from a nights sleep my face is all sweaty, my cheeks are pinkish red, and you can see the pores on my temples and on my nose, and the blackheads there are very noticeable. I feel so ugly! I have had some pimples that have been here for a month and they still wont go away. They just get more and more red and bigger and bigger. I have a ton of ice pick scars on my chin. I have a lot of purple and red marks from where the pimples were. I am so sick of acne! Ive had it for ten years. That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long! I know there are people here who have had it longer than that but for me ten is still too long. I just wish I could blink and this acne nightmare would be gone forever :(

Okay my rant is over!

To me your art is beautiful and unique :wub: Too bad you can't see yourself as we see you...but then we are our own worst critics

You guys are sweet! Id be lost without this site :wub::wub::wub:

I just came back from the groccery store and I thought I would be less sad about my face but Im not :(

Molly, remember that we are in the same boat =) That's why we are on this site, we're here to help and support each other =) *hug*

im assuming since you have had acne for ten years you have tried out a lot of different treatments etc... and you must know more than i do about how they work. However, it seems like your current regimen is kind of weak. sea salt and vitamins? it might work on someone with extremely mild and non-persistent acne, but if the zits have been hanging around for ten years, it will probly take more than that to shove em off. i have had acne for 6 years (luckily it was usually mild to moderate with a few big breakouts around that lovely time of the month)

and it was definately not going away on its own. i still have acne, but the dkr is helping me to control it. of course everyone's skin is different, and thats why its so hard for a lot of people to find what works for them, but please dont give up! have you tried accutane? antibiotic topicals? the dkr takes a while to work, so maybe you lost patience and gave it up? im not trying to make you feel bad, acne is obviosly beyond our control, i was just wondering what different remedies you had tried. :comfort::comfort:

im assuming since you have had acne for ten years you have tried out a lot of different treatments etc... and you must know more than i do about how they work. However, it seems like your current regimen is kind of weak. sea salt and vitamins? it might work on someone with extremely mild and non-persistent acne, but if the zits have been hanging around for ten years, it will probly take more than that to shove em off. i have had acne for 6 years (luckily it was usually mild to moderate with a few big breakouts around that lovely time of the month)

and it was definately not going away on its own. i still have acne, but the dkr is helping me to control it. of course everyone's skin is different, and thats why its so hard for a lot of people to find what works for them, but please dont give up! have you tried accutane? antibiotic topicals? the dkr takes a while to work, so maybe you lost patience and gave it up? im not trying to make you feel bad, acne is obviosly beyond our control, i was just wondering what different remedies you had tried. :comfort: :comfort:

[/quote

Im also washing my face with Paulas Choice though and using BHA for the blackheads on my nose but they dont seem to help much

Molly can you do me a favor? Quit applying whatever is that you are applying to your face for a couple days. And let your face rest. Take a break from acne products.

For these days, do nothing but soak your face in bowl of warm water for 2 mins. Hold your breath and keep going until until you can't breathe anymore and pull out, recatch your breathe and go back in. Do this 2x a day for a couple of days.

Next get a 10%BP cream/gel and apply it to all your problem areas 3x a day. For a couple of days.

You will notice results

Molly can you do me a favor? Quit applying whatever is that you are applying to your face for a couple days. And let your face rest. Take a break from acne products.

For these days, do nothing but soak your face in bowl of warm water for 2 mins. Hold your breath and keep going until until you can't breathe anymore and pull out, recatch your breathe and go back in. Do this 2x a day for a couple of days.

Next get a 10%BP cream/gel and apply it to all your problem areas 3x a day. For a couple of days.

You will notice results

I feel so sad :( Im so tired of my face looking like an art project. Everytime I wake up from a nap or from a nights sleep my face is all sweaty, my cheeks are pinkish red, and you can see the pores on my temples and on my nose, and the blackheads there are very noticeable. I feel so ugly! I have had some pimples that have been here for a month and they still wont go away. They just get more and more red and bigger and bigger. I have a ton of ice pick scars on my chin. I have a lot of purple and red marks from where the pimples were. I am so sick of acne! Ive had it for ten years. That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long! I know there are people here who have had it longer than that but for me ten is still too long. I just wish I could blink and this acne nightmare would be gone forever :(

Okay my rant is over!

Okay my rant is over!

I completely understand. I look in the mirror and I wonder how it is that so much stuff can be on my skin. I just don't understand why my skin is not functionally properly. I am sooooooooo sick of it. And yes ten years is enough years to have it. I understand why you are frustrated. I am tired of looking in the mirror because it's starting to just make me sick to my stomach and I am tired of applying makeup five times day when it doesn't even help much. It's like I don't even know what to do anymore because my skin needs so much help it seems to be beyond me. So I'm here for you Molly and I am keeping faith that things will get better. Until then rant on my friend.

You mentioned that you are taking a multivitamin? Check to make sure it does not contain iodine or kelp in it. Kelp, which is very high in iodine can cause acne flares. Make sure your vitamin doesn't have it.

Guest T-Virus
You mentioned that you are taking a multivitamin? Check to make sure it does not contain iodine or kelp in it. Kelp, which is very high in iodine can cause acne flares. Make sure your vitamin doesn't have it.

I imagine you have heard this before and probably tire of people telling you, but I think you should try to stop using your products in general. I am 21 yrs old and your situation sounds like it was very similar to mine. I was drying out my face so much that I would get these tiny white heads and it seemed like nothing would ever heal. I guess this absolute failure from the products, combined with a few other things, lead to my revelation as a person. I stopped using everything, washed my face with nothing but water and only when I showered, began to eat much healthier, and exercised 4-5 times a week (cardio mostly). I must admit initially nothing really changed, but after a few weeks I started to realize how nice life was without all of this shit on my face, and that it truly was slowly healing up. I know you are probably saying that I changed so many factors how could I ever know what was the fix... but does this matter to anyone that is trying to rid themselves of acne... it worked and that's all I cared about. I think a majority of people need to realize that acne is not a problem that can be fixed by applying topicals... it really does start from the inside, sorry to burst all of your skeptical ideas people. If you want it to be gone, it is going to require a revolution as a person... you have to be willing to change if you want your life back.

I must say though that this did only work for me, and that every person is different. Even if this lifestyle doesn't fix your acne there is much more to come from being healthy... and you really don't have to look deep to find it.

It does contain iodine from kelp. That isnt really the source of my breakouts I dont think. What bothers me the most are my scars from previous acne and that every little pimple I get now scars. Also I have had some pimples for over a month that just will not go away

ok, i have to disagree with ten years gone on this one. i am glad he/she got clear and found the specific regimen that helped there particular case, but i am very sceptical towards the theory that excercise and healthy diet will cure acne.

that theory has never been proven scientifically, whereas the pills and topicals are medications specifically developped to treat acne. they have shown results when they were tested. (of course some products are more or less effective)

acne is a disease with specific causes the same way the flu is

if you have the flu are you going to pop some vitamins and jump around on the stairmaster?

molly i think you are sick and tired of acne. do u have a derm? why dont you take accutane?