Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you had your allergies tested? You could be allergic to something you are eating hoping it will help. Oranges, for example, are a common allergen that gave me horrible cystic acne. I know of one other person in real life with the same issue and I suspect my siblings as well. And other have posted here about it.

Also, look into reducing inflammation. When I still get the occassionaly cyst from various other fruits when I indulge in too much juice, they are much smaller, less inflammed and heal much faster. Cutting back on sugar and simple carbs, balancing omega 3/6 ratio, etc.

I had acne for 30 years. The first thing that ever helped me, after identifying the orange problem, was Saw Palmetto, Zinc and Vitamin C. I can't tell you which or if all helped since I took them at the same time.

My story, diet and supplements are in my signature, although most of the supplements I take now are about general health and anti-aging.