Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I give up now, i'm not going to use ANY so called products to help fight acne. I'm tired of it all, my face has never looked as bad as this, and i firmly believe ANY and ALL products we're putting on our skin isn't helping, the best they can do is put us into a 'cant live without' mentality, when all they're doing is completely gimping our own bodies defences.

I might sound harsh but i'm so tired of suffering with this, and wasting hundreds of hours of my year applying creams and crap, and wasting so much money.

My face is so painful right now, i can't even move my mouth properly, i look like a burns victim. And then there is my twin, also with acne, he doesnt bother using any product on his skin, just water to wash, and his skin looks fine.

So from now i'm not using anything on my skin, just warm water, and moisturiser if needed.

I'm changing my diet, not for my skin, but for my overall health. I drink lots of water, and green tea. I have my five portions of fruit/veg, but i don't deny myself a treat when i want one.

I'm sick of the whole market of skin helping products getting all my money, when CLEARLY they don't work one bit. I've been buying products for about three years now, and if they really did help my fight against acne then i wouldn't feel like ripping my face off right now.

So from now on, JUST water for me.

I'll let you know how it goes, if you're bothered.

/end rant.

EDIT: of course this is all my own opinion. But piling on shit and chemicals and different concentrations of stuff is only going to weaken my skins NATURAL barrier, and it's own ability to cope and heal. If i actively have a good diet, with lots of 'good' fats, and vitamins, i'm hoping my body will take it's own methods to reduce my oil levels on the skin.

UPDATE: Well i went through with what i said ^^ And it's the end of the weekend now, and i feel a lot happier. I've been drinking lots and lots and lots of water, whenever i fancied a snack i had some fruit, and for my main meal of the day (which my mum cooked) she's put lots and lots of veg on my plate to accompany the other food.

I know you can say 'well its only been two days' But i really feel so much more healthy, and since eating fruit ad veg so much, when i go to eat something fatty, i can actually taste the salt n shit in it, and it makes me feel quite ill.

As for my skin, well i can't actually tell if i've broken further out, cos when i started this, it was because how bad my face was, i had a stupid amount of whiteheads and redmarks, more than i've ever had at one time before. But i can happily say it's been clearing up since i started (i think its cos of how much water i drank) the redness has almost all gone, and where ever i have white heads, they've dried out sooo much, when i touch my face they actually just feel like dry scabs (even though they arent) just ready to fall off. Its so tempting to just pick them off, but i wont, because if i do that then i might spread the problem. I really hope they'll all be gone by mid-week, and then i'll properly be able to assess if i'm breaking out at my usual rate or not.

My mum got me a blender ^^ So tomorrow i want to experiment with adding lots of fruit n veg and just drinking them, cos that way its easier than munching so much, though of course i'll still eat them!

I've still not added any supplements, i intend on waiting out til next weekend, and see how i go til then.

But so far so good :dance:

PS: My faciall hair is starting to come through, what do you guys recommend i do? Im worried that if i shave now it'll aggrevate the healing white heads, but that if i leave it, it'll cause more to form o.O

Good luck with it.

I'll also move your post to the Nutrion and Holistic Health Forum where you will get some helpful advice on diet and such.

Yer im the same bud BP is good and I can simply use this to be clear but I dont use it as when the sun comes out it dosnt feel right at all and up close you can see dry skin, flakes etc! So I use diet and other methods to keep clear. Imo getting of BP should be a goal for most, dont get me wrong I aint a bp hater.

Aww honey, keep your head up :comfort:

Can you list all of the things that you are using and your current diet? Maybe we can help you put together a good acne fighting plan. I think you may have irritated your skin with all of those products.

Hang in there... :wub:

Well i'm pretty sure i know what initially caused this break out (the worst break out in my life lol) it was bastard sudocrem! I used it thinking there's no reason it wouldn't help with the redness, but i imagine it must have clogged up ALL of my pores, because before long the whole of my face broke out. (well, apart from my forehead, which never ever does) I seriously look like something from a horror film, where u get the psycho eating from a cows innards, where the whole bottom half of the face is red with blood, only with me, it's red with acne :cry:

Apart from that i used BP, which seemed to 'control' my acne to a degree, but left my skin extremely tender, and almost translucent looking o.O no matter how little i used.

I then switched to all natural products which contained concentrations of Tea tree oil, Green tea, witch hazel (and seriously, about 40 other natural ingredients) Which were on and off for me, one day i'd think 'maybe they're working' and then the next day i was like 'hmmm i dunno'

And today my twin just said, why do you bother wasting all your money on those different products, they're clearly not working. And my brother doesnt use anything like that, he just washes like a normal person does, and his face isnt inflamed at all, and he has the odd spot every now and then, but nothing bad.

So my thoughts now are, no matter if its natural, chemical, or whatever, putting this stuff on your skin only makes it worse.

So now i hope to sort my skin, and life, out, through my diet, and just gentle washing with water.

EDIT: at the moment my diet isn't anything special, im your average teenager, i eat what my mum cooks me, lol. But i do try to eat all portions of fruit/veg needed, and i drink two cups of green tea a day, and about 4 cups of water. Any tips on what i should eat?

your brother might not have acne anyway..its like when people with no acne say something works when clearly they wouldnt know because they didnt have acne in the first place. sudocrem is pore clogging btw. eat what you wanna eat; youre a teenager. You can go get tested for allergies I think to see what foods do cause you trouble though. Just hope insurance covers it.

Well I've never heard of sudocream before (is that a retinoid from your derm?) If it is a retinoid, then it may be causing you an initial breakout. It sounds to me like you were using way too many irritating substances on your skin at the same time. I know how frustrating it can be when your not sure which is helping and which is making things worse.

What you have to do is just stick with one product. Right now I think you should just wash with a mild cleanser and let your skin calm down. I know it looks bad and is probably buggin the crap out of you to see it, but just leave it alone.

In a couple of days when you see it less inflammed and red, start back with one product, let me know which ones you have and maybe I can recommend a good one to start with. I think you should pick up a gentle cleanser ( i use purpose by johnson&johnson). Also try to stay away from sugars, coffee, and white floured things (bread, cookies, cakes, bagels) so you can reduce the inflammation.

Keep updating!

your brother might not have acne anyway..its like when people with no acne say something works when clearly they wouldnt know because they didnt have acne in the first place. sudocrem is pore clogging btw. eat what you wanna eat; youre a teenager. You can go get tested for allergies I think to see what foods do cause you trouble though. Just hope insurance covers it.

You sound like you got it all under control now. Good idea on ditching the treatment and lotion, stick with the cleanser when everything calms down.

Also just try not to stress about it, it will only make things worse. So you learned your lesson and thats all :angel:

Good luck! Happy dieting :D

You sound like you got it all under control now. Good idea on ditching the treatment and lotion, stick with the cleanser when everything calms down.

Also just try not to stress about it, it will only make things worse. So you learned your lesson and thats all :angel:

Good luck! Happy dieting :D

Give Accutane a shot.

Or check out the omega 3 fish oil and green tea extract threads - they sound promising.

Good luck!

Look into taking supplements, ex: B5

i tried B5 for a while but it didnt really do anything for me, it was just a pain in the arse taking so many pills a day lol

For now i'm just gonna concentrate on eating bucket loads of fruit and veg, lol, and i might have a gander at some supplements next time i'm shopping, can anyone recommend any effective ones for a good diet?

Look into taking supplements, ex: B5

i tried B5 for a while but it didnt really do anything for me, it was just a pain in the arse taking so many pills a day lol

For now i'm just gonna concentrate on eating bucket loads of fruit and veg, lol, and i might have a gander at some supplements next time i'm shopping, can anyone recommend any effective ones for a good diet?

Wait how long did you try it for? if you diddn't like taking pills, there is a powder form, and its much cheaper.

I give up now, i'm not going to use ANY so called products to help fight acne. I'm tired of it all, my face has never looked as bad as this, and i firmly believe ANY and ALL products we're putting on our skin isn't helping, the best they can do is put us into a 'cant live without' mentality, when all they're doing is completely gimping our own bodies defences.

I might sound harsh but i'm so tired of suffering with this, and wasting hundreds of hours of my year applying creams and crap, and wasting so much money.

My face is so painful right now, i can't even move my mouth properly, i look like a burns victim. And then there is my twin, also with acne, he doesnt bother using any product on his skin, just water to wash, and his skin looks fine.

So from now i'm not using anything on my skin, just warm water, and moisturiser if needed.

I'm changing my diet, not for my skin, but for my overall health. I drink lots of water, and green tea. I have my five portions of fruit/veg, but i don't deny myself a treat when i want one.

I'm sick of the whole market of skin helping products getting all my money, when CLEARLY they don't work one bit. I've been buying products for about three years now, and if they really did help my fight against acne then i wouldn't feel like ripping my face off right now.

/end rant.

EDIT: of course this is all my own opinion. But piling on shit and chemicals and different concentrations of stuff is only going to weaken my skins NATURAL barrier, and it's own ability to cope and heal. If i actively have a good diet, with lots of 'good' fats, and vitamins, i'm hoping my body will take it's own methods to reduce my oil levels on the skin.

/end rant.

Im sorry :( I feel exactly the same way.

Wait how long did you try it for? if you diddn't like taking pills, there is a powder form, and its much cheaper.

I used it for about two months, what's the recommended time before i should start feeling a change? (of any sort)

I'm going with my friend to some stores to see what supplements we could use. At first i'll be just 'testing the water' and being quite cautious with what i use, but i dont see anything negative etc, then i'll be sure to implement some more. I just dont want to end up spending all of my time taking pills etc with no real results. I just want to use the BARE essentials with what keeps me healthy and clear skin.

I'm going with my friend to some stores to see what supplements we could use. At first i'll be just 'testing the water' and being quite cautious with what i use, but i dont see anything negative etc, then i'll be sure to implement some more. I just dont want to end up spending all of my time taking pills etc with no real results. I just want to use the BARE essentials with what keeps me healthy and clear skin.

If you doing just that, take a look at all the sticky threads in this forum to give a idea of what you need. Fish Oil, Zinc, etc