Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
buffy25

Anyone been pregnant???

Has anyone had an experience with being pregnant and their acne getting better/worse? I am so scared of what's going to happen once I get off my spiro, BP lotions and vitamins, etc. Help! :)

you should do a search for this topic because there have been a ton of them. my search is being fussy today or else I'd post a bunch of the links here for you.

i have two kids and during both my skin looked great but even more fantiatic with the baby (who's now 3!).

i think for a lot of women the first trimester with all the raging hormones can be difficult acne wise, but just think about what your body is going through and i'm sure it'll make the acne seem like no problem.

I was pregnant and kept doing my normal thing..... tons of BP. Didn't affect me at all and my OBGYN said it was fine. :shrug: My skin stayed the same through out my pregnancy.

I can't really remember how it was in my first 2 trimesters, but in the 3rd my skin was super-clear (I wasnt using any treatments) About 6 months after I had my daughter I started to get what I think was hormonal acne - big sore pimples along my jawline. Also since having my daughter and finishing breast feeding, I have had PMT which I never got before (feeling emotional etc around the time of my period), so that also leads me to believe that my hormones went a bit haywire after having my daughter. My skin is under control now after trying "The acne cure" book. The main part I won't do without now is my 12% glycolic cleanser, this is what I believe has helped the most.

Has anyone had an experience with being pregnant and their acne getting better/worse? I am so scared of what's going to happen once I get off my spiro, BP lotions and vitamins, etc. Help! :)

I have two kids. During my pregnancies, my skin wasn't any better or worse. But right after my second child was born, my acne flared. It was the worst it had ever been...or been since.

Everyone is different and no way to know how your body will react to the hormones.

Hi there,

I am 6 months pregnant right now. Before I was pregnant, I would always break out a week before my period, so I knew I had hormonal acne (big pimples on my chin). I am nearing the end of my 2nd trimester, and I have had acne on my chin and jawline... but not really anywhere else. I had not used any BP or other acne medications since I found out I was pregnant. I wear makeup everyday, and I wash/exfoliate my face every night. My acne is not much worse than it was pre-pregnancy, but the healing of pimples takes longer since I don't use any topicals on my face. Hope this helps! :) Good luck with your future pregnancy....