Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weightlifter

What you use on tane

Hoping to get on Accutane soon. Just wondering what you all use to wash and moisturize your face. And how many times a day you wash and moisturize your face. It seems like everyone uses Aquaphor and vaseline for their lips, so I know what to get for that. Also for the men on accutane, how do you go about shaving. Because I read you should not exfoliate while on accutane, and every time I empty my electric razor I see a bunch of dead skin. Well thanks in advance for all the help.

Hoping to get on Accutane soon. Just wondering what you all use to wash and moisturize your face. And how many times a day you wash and moisturize your face. It seems like everyone uses Aquaphor and vaseline for their lips, so I know what to get for that. Also for the men on accutane, how do you go about shaving. Because I read you should not exfoliate while on accutane, and every time I empty my electric razor I see a bunch of dead skin. Well thanks in advance for all the help.

I really, really like Dove Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash--yeah, it exfoliates, but it's great for even very sensitive skin on Accutane (it's been working great for me) because the little "beads" are soft. It won't over-dry you, and it'll prep your skin better for a shave. In terms of moisturizer, I find that the Dove Deep Moisture (for dry skin) cream works really well if I use a thin layer. I used to use Dove Sensitive Essentials moisturizer but it's just not cutting it anymore on Accutane. All the Dove stuff is very sensitive-skin-friendly and doesn't smell like flowers or anything. ;)

Biore Pore Perfect foaming wash

Eucerin 5% urea moisturiser (hardly ever use it though)

I wash my face twice a day with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser.

Moisturize with Cetaphil Daily Facail moisturizer with SPF 15

Visine Advanced Relief for dry eyes

Carmex for my lips throughout the day and Vaseline in the evening

I wash my face twice a day with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser.

Moisturize with Cetaphil Daily Facail moisturizer with SPF 15

Visine Advanced Relief for dry eyes

Carmex for my lips throughout the day and Vaseline in the evening

Weirddd. We use all of the same products except Vaseline and the Visine. I use Systane for my eyes.