Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jack19

stupid appointments...

Ok so my next appointment should be on may 19 and my derm will be out of town till the 1st week of june. Can I schedule with a different doctor to get my prescription, or do I have to wait till my derm comes back...that means I will have to go about 3 weeks w/out any pills. :confused:

You need to stay with the same doctor I think...not sure how iPledge works with that. If that office has more than one practicing doctor you might be able to see another one.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I had an appointment on May 12, but my derm decided to take vacation so I had to move it a week earlier. I go to school in ATL, so I have fly home to see the derm in Chicago (luckily my parents work for the airlines). So now I have to fly home two weeks in a row. AHHHHH!

you can see your current derm earlier than thirty days, but no later, so try to make an appointment for before she goes on vacation. also, you can change doctors in the middle of a course, but you have to inform ipledge before hand, i'm sure there is a form you have to fill out or something. that information is in your ipledge patient information kit. if you want to go back to your current doctor after this month, you will have to change your prescribing doctor through iplege again. for me it wouldn't be worth the hassle. i think you should just try to schedule an earlier appointment with your derm and have them post date the prescription.

Ok so my next appointment should be on may 19 and my derm will be out of town till the 1st week of june. Can I schedule with a different doctor to get my prescription, or do I have to wait till my derm comes back...that means I will have to go about 3 weeks w/out any pills.

Next time ask your derm for more accutane than you need. I always get more than I need for that month. Why not? She knows how much she has prescribed me in total, and she won't give me more than the total amount of mg's I need for the entire course.

if you change the doc in the iPledge system, they won't accept scripts from the previous doc anymore. only the first doc, so your best bet would probably be to post date the script, as jordan said, or have the office call it in for you or something....

I'm thinking, supposedly, that the derms are supposed to be more flexible with your appts. since the system is so strict. I know that my derm is basically going through special circumstances with me, and i haven't even started my course yet (t-minus 5 days!!) but in general, if they're the ones leaving, they should definately accomodate you, because after all, its not your fault that they took a vacay in the middle of your course...lol

Ask your vacationing derm what the hell you're supposed to do. I'm sure they have a plan in place for stuff like this? I'd definitely check with them before searching for other Dermatologists.