Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WolfNerd

Questions about my personal regime and ACV, Omega 3, etc.

I'm 24 with an extremely oily complexion and a light acne problem ( usually 1-2 active zits but it takes forever for old ones to go away). I'm also living in South Florida and the heat and humidty ( specially now that it just turned to summer) are not helping. I've traditionally just used random acne washes, buying new ones when they invetiably didn't help. I'm been reading these boards for abit now and have cobbled together the following plan. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Foods to avoid:

chocalate

nuts ( including peanut butter)

pizza, grilled cheese, mozzerella sticks

Plus I'm only drinking water- nothing with HFCS, no alcohol, coffee etc.

Internal treatment:

14 Omega 3 pills a day for a total of 4 grams of EPA and ADA

4 Green Tea Extract pills for a total of 1 gram of green tea

An occasional shot of ACV

External treatment:

I'm trying to avoid using 10 different things on my face. I briefly tried the just water washing thing but that was alittle overboard. Right now I'm just washing twice a day with cetaphil then following up with.. ACV mixed with water, lemon juice and some Tree oil. I'm not worried about sunburn or dry skin.

Thoughts? Anything else I should be taking or doing?

Also I had some questions..

1. What is the best kind of ACV to use? Right now I'm using the unfilitered, unpasterized, ACV with "mother".

2. Does ACV need refrigeration after being opened? Does lemon juice go bad?

3. Should I put my ACV mix on my face after every washing and shower or let my skin occasionally go bare?

4. Would it be okay to wash with cetaphil three times a day or should I stick with two?

5. How long until I notice a difference when taking Green Tea Extract or Omega 3 ( assuming there will be one?)

6. Is 14 omega 3 pills to much? Am I going to die?

Thanks in Advance

The Lord Marshall

no you won't die from 4g of EPA + DHA daily

a typical north american diet probably consumes at least 10-20+g of omega 6 daily causing so many inflammatory problems inside the body (and externally such as skin)

taking 2-4g of EPA + DHA daily total (from pills or cod liver oil) has brought my oil production down A LOT over the past 3 months

i also notice i have more fluid joint movement and less inflammation especially my temples (my main acne trouble area)

i would recommend to get pills that are more concentrated (eg. mine are 630mg EFA total per pill) so you don't have to pop so many

as for green tea extract i'm not wasting more money on pills so i'll just stick to chugging the green tea itself (with the caffeine :))

1. What is the best kind of ACV to use? Right now I'm using the unfilitered, unpasterized, ACV with "mother".

Use Braggs if you are ingesting it. Topically, the cheaper ones work the same.

2. Does ACV need refrigeration after being opened? Does lemon juice go bad?

Nope, and nope, unless there is an expiration date.

3. Should I put my ACV mix on my face after every washing and shower or let my skin occasionally go bare?

It's up to you. You can do it once a day, or night, whatever you prefer, just be sure it's diluted in water at least 50%

4. Would it be okay to wash with cetaphil three times a day or should I stick with two?

Only twice. If you need to wash again, just blot.

5. How long until I notice a difference when taking Green Tea Extract or Omega 3 ( assuming there will be one?)

Taking both is vital to success, if you don't want to sacrifice taking more pills it's up to you though. Usually within the first month you will notice and see a difference. Most people take three weeks to start seeing change. After 2 months it's more apparent. Just remember to up the dosage slowly daily and not start out with 14 a day. Remember it's only 14 pills if the OMEGA 3 content is 300 mg! If it's any more, the number of pills change. To figure that out, see how much you need to get to 4 grams and split it up accordingly.

6. Is 14 omega 3 pills to much? Am I going to die?

4 grams of omega 3 is nothing you can die from. The american heart association actually recommends it. Granted, for lowering triglycerides, but the implication is that it's safe, and healthy, so you won't die, but you'll thrive instead.

Don't buy the high concentrated pills, it ends up still being more expensive per gram, just get used to taking pills, it's not bad (4 pills takes me under 15 seconds to take in). But if you have the money, go for it. I can't attest to how well any other brands work so if your results aren't there, then I won't be able to assist you based on any other brands used. Just be sure to stick to high end brands. Again, member's mark is preferable.

Hope that helps