Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stovetop

Facials

I'm post-accutane now for about 50 days now and i'm wondering whether facials(european or wahtever) can help with acne scarring. I've never had a facial in my life but my reasoning is that by massaging the face or whatever they do, it will stimulate collagen in the face for faster turnover so that the skin regenerates itself more/faster/better.

Also, what is the difference between a EUropean facial and a relaxation facial?

umm your best waiting a while, but, actually I think it is okay to get a facial but don't have anything done that is really exfoliating or will force you skin to heal itself more than it needs to right now, such as microderm or high percentage peels. My advice, if you arent already, is to start taking lots of vitamin c and zinc eating healtier and look into cleaning out your system as accutane tends to make your body heal slower. depending on on how long you were on it, makes a big difference, so if you were on it longer than 6 months then the more it might have affected your bodies ability to heal however shorter times make a smaller difference, I think. good luck.