Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davy26

Moisturize Skin At Night...??

Howdy...

I was wondering... Every night before I sleep I always moisturize my skin with A Cold Pressed Organic Oil, Avo, Or Coconut oil,etc especially in the winter time, since it gets colder at night. But I was reading about the skin needing to breath? I'm confused because I thought the skin heals a lot during sleep, and when the skin is moist it helps to heal faster as opposed to it being dry?? I always thought moisturise 2wice a day, morning night- No? Or Yeah?

Also, Lately I have been applying Aloe Vera Gel ( str8 from the plant) before bed, and then putting a moist' after, because the Aloe vera gel makes my skin feel tight, which I think means it could be drying? Is that 2 much moisture, which is maybe why I have blackheads? Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

But I was reading about the skin needing to breath? I'm confused because I thought the skin heals a lot during sleep, and when the skin is moist it helps to heal faster as opposed to it being dry??

Where did you read this, on Dr. Hauschka's website?

Anyway, I don't think moisturizing prevents the skin from "breathing" because the moisturizers are supposed to absorb into your skin, not linger on the surface.

Hey...

No I didn't read it at that Dr's site. I think I just read it on a message board, or heard thru word of mouth. Cant remember. But I thought that as well, the skin still breaths, since I wake up in the morning all the oil is absorbed. So... Thanks just needed some validation

No, your skin does not need to 'breathe.' It produces oil to coat itself with does it not?

In fact, oxygen is damaging. That's why we need anti-oxidents. It's why keeping air out preserves food. Don't buy into any moisturizers or cosmetics that claim to enrich your skin with oxygen. It's just B.S.