Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Facebook annoys the crap outta me...

I was thinking of cancelling my account after becoming depressed after looking at facebook. I reconnnected with so many people from highschool and junior high and even elementary school, I swear anyone I've ever met in school is on my facebook. And they all look AMAZING an they seem so happy all the time... leaving messages on eachother's wall about the great time sthey had on the weekend and the fact that they were so "sh#tfaced" they cant remember half of it.

I feel like crying when I see this because I am not happy like they are... my glory days were when I was in school, mostly cause I was confident and I didnt have acne.... All these people want to meet up with me to catch up, and I think I would die before I got together with some of them because I look so horrible and I'm not the same fun person I used to be. I've lost like 10 lbs, I look grossly skinny, I have acne and I have a very negative attitude.... I would be the worst person to reconnect with.

I just see all these people being so happy and they seem so much better off than they were in school and I just went to crap.... I try to fake being happy go lucky, but everytime I go out with my freinds they say "Taryn, I think you've lost even MORE weight since we seen you last, are you okay???" I want to scream at them and say "I'm not okay!!!! Obviously I look like a peice of SH#T and I'm NOT happy and all I want to do is go back in time and be friggen happy again".... I was so angry the other day I started yelling "f#ck life!!!!!!!" over and over again at my mom because I was having such a shitty day. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else feel like this?

Yeah, facebook and myspace both do that to me. Which is why I basically avoid them.

Myspace rules! I don't use Facebook much anymore but it used to rule. I like Myspace because you can customize the page and talk to a bunch of people. I also like it because everyone that used to make fun of me now sees I'm young and successful and now they want to be my friend. I just stick my tongue at them and say "look at me now!" Case closed.

:ninja:

I also like it because everyone that used to make fun of me now sees I'm young and successful and now they want to be my friend. I just stick my tongue at them and say "look at me now!"

:ninja:

Guest Kimmay

Well regardless of how happy they sound, everyone has their days.

I'd add you to myspace just to make you feel better

But I don't have myspace (my space, get the joke? LOLOL)

I didcancel my accounts with Myspace and Bebo. I dont know exactly why visiting these sites depress me, but I have a rough idea.

Basically, i'm seeing all these people who I really liked from school etc......, I would love to talk to them, possibly even meet and catch up, but with unpredictable skin that isnt going to happen.

Some of them did message me but I didnt reply back. What am I supposed to say to... 'how have you been the last few years ????? ' .

...ehhh.. Shit and I dont want to talk about it ?? discussion finished !!!!

So I deleted the accounts a few months ago,....and actually - It felt great doing it. I no longer felt guilty for not replying to them or maybe it was the fact that everyone seems so damn happy on those things. While they where all having fun, I was going through the most difficult time of my life and its almost like re-living it. Does that make sense ?

If you cant face the pain of actually posting your images and feel accepted, then just delete the accounts. Everytime you visit and read more on the people from your past, the more it will stress you out and make you feel depressed.

I was thinking of cancelling my account after becoming depressed after looking at facebook. I reconnnected with so many people from highschool and junior high and even elementary school, I swear anyone I've ever met in school is on my facebook. And they all look AMAZING an they seem so happy all the time... leaving messages on eachother's wall about the great time sthey had on the weekend and the fact that they were so "sh#tfaced" they cant remember half of it.

I feel like crying when I see this because I am not happy like they are... my glory days were when I was in school, mostly cause I was confident and I didnt have acne.... All these people want to meet up with me to catch up, and I think I would die before I got together with some of them because I look so horrible and I'm not the same fun person I used to be. I've lost like 10 lbs, I look grossly skinny, I have acne and I have a very negative attitude.... I would be the worst person to reconnect with.

I just see all these people being so happy and they seem so much better off than they were in school and I just went to crap.... I try to fake being happy go lucky, but everytime I go out with my freinds they say "Taryn, I think you've lost even MORE weight since we seen you last, are you okay???" I want to scream at them and say "I'm not okay!!!! Obviously I look like a peice of SH#T and I'm NOT happy and all I want to do is go back in time and be friggen happy again".... I was so angry the other day I started yelling "f#ck life!!!!!!!" over and over again at my mom because I was having such a shitty day. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else feel like this?

i feel the same way! i got a call from an old gf today. but at least i know she is more fucked up than me emotionally even to the point she was hospitalized. but you'd never know it from her happy go lucky myspace.

Yeah, it's rough. It's nice to see some of the people I went to school with and some of my current friends but I get depressed with all the friends they have and the fun they're having in their pictures.

I try to limit my time of that site.

I really don't use the facebook because then everyone will be asking me to meet up with them and so on but i always see my old buddies at college anyways even with the acne that i didn.t have before until after high school. PLus i see friends who also have acne that didn't have it before in high school. Plus you shouldn't worry your a good looking girl with or without the acne...

Everyone has to stop comparing themselves to others. Everyone can seem happy on the exterior but miserable on the outside. It's hard to learn that your skin is yours and even though you may think it's terrible, it's yours. You walk in it and you live in it, mine is well accept it. Everyone has problems.

You realize that most people on websites like that are just putting on a show for themselves right? Everyone wants people to think that their life is so great as if they are in some sort of competition. People want to impress their friends and anyone else, and so they put on the most positive aspects of their lives in order to make themselves sound great and fool themselves. There lives are not as terrific as they make them out to be.