Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
saihaynes

Facial hair and acne

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anybody else has experienced acne alongside new facial hair growth. Over the last year (as I get older) my beard line seems to be growing higher and higher up my cheeks (monkey esque). Ive noticed that I`m getting a lot of little red marks and that the skin is generally looking redder around this area. I`m not changed my routine (simple face wash for men followed by Nivea oil free moisturiser) and my diet has always been clean.....

Just wondered if I`m suffering alone???

well as more facial hair grows in an area it makes it harder to clean the skin underneath and if you try to clean the skin underneath (by rubbing your fingers in the same area as the hair) the rubbing of the hairs will probably irritate the skin

so what i do is wash for about a week after i fully shave an area and then don't clean it except for a hot water dip twice a day

i find inflammation to be a much more serious breakout trigger than facial hair, for example my upper cheeks near my nose have been quite filled with bumps (some whiteheads) over the past few months but everything below is fairly consistent in color