Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heidi55

Could you get silicone and then get dermaroller?

Hi

Does anyone know if you could receive silicone microdroplet and then get dermaroller? WOuld it matter? I am currently getting dermaroller and am interested in getting silicone for a few scars that will NEVER be fixed by dermaroller. Just wondering if anyone knows of any potential problems.

THANKS

I wouldnt think so

you can, I had silicone and the person who did me will even do laser on some people right after. I chose not to do the laser. I would just wait for a few months before you dermaroll if you want to be totally safe, by then the body has already reacted to the silicone and you don't risk any undue inflammation.

Silicone really hasn't helped me much. At this point I wouldn't recommend it, but maybe I had bad doctors, or maybe I am a rare case. If I had the money I would try Laviv, it is only offered in Baltimore now that I know, but it was isolagen, which had good reviews from a few on here. It uses your own cells from taking skin from behind your ear and sending it to a lab and then later injecting in you as a filler. It would be safer, but silicone is cheaper.

Hi tricia

Have you use a dermaroller?? and if you did, how long neddle did you use??

Iam just a little afraid that if I go to depp, I can mess up the silicone......(it over 5 years since i had it injected)

Hope you will answer merolleyes.gif

yes, I have dermarolled and dermastamped, I think it was 1.5, the stamp seems to do more damage. I have also taken diabetic lancets, and punctured a bit, which I believe are deeper. You should be okay to do all this since it has been 5 years. Did you see decent results from the silicone? Do you think it moved at all?

I don't seem to be seeing any results from my silicone. Perhaps I misjudged results too early, but I can now feel my depressions once again.

That's too bad ylem! I know you were really hopeful about it. I wonder if something like Laviv would work? I really wanted fillers to work, but maybe I should try laser. Just so many bad reviews on it. I can say that I have been doing strong chemical spot peels and then using skin biology's bioheal with copper peptides during the healing process, and although it can sting if you have really gone deep, it heals the scar better, more contracted or something. Then I have been using some of the super cop for spot treatment after the healing and using red light therapy. I will only spot treat with the copper peptides, because I think it can cause irritation and additional acne if I put it all over my face. Maybe slow and steady with treatments like this will yield more than really strong lasers. Dermarolling with the copper peptides may produce good results.

yes, I have dermarolled and dermastamped, I think it was 1.5, the stamp seems to do more damage. I have also taken diabetic lancets, and punctured a bit, which I believe are deeper. You should be okay to do all this since it has been 5 years. Did you see decent results from the silicone? Do you think it moved at all?

I had 4 rounds and it have only help on a few scars (and I have a lot)..... It has not moved (not yet) but I have some silicone bumps, they are not visible but I can feel them and some discoloration, its like my skin has become white some places..

I really regret i had silicone, there is so many side effect and they maybe keep coming the rest of my life..