Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

About 3 weeks ago i felt a small spot which had formed under the surface of my skin.

I left it thinking it would go away.

I also left it because it didnt have a head on it so i couldnt squeeze it.

After about a week it looked like someone had cut open my chin, put a pea inside and sewn me back up!!

2 weeks on, i tried to bring this "pea" to the surface of my skin by squeezing it, but that didnt work it just stuck out even more.

I got advice from a different forum, someone told me to price it with a clean needle and pop it, but when i went to do this it hurt so much because its so deep under my skin.

So 3 weeks on, the surface of my skin is broken, and scabbed over, and underneith my scab still lies this damn spot.

From what i have read on the internet, it sounds like a "pimple" or an "acne cyst".

I bought some Tea tree oil which hasnt worked in the slightest, so instead i bought a tea tree facial cleaner, which hasnt worked either.

As it has been a month now it has reduced slightly in size but it is still very noticeable, and embarresing.

The rest of my skin is.. well...perfect! i have no problems with any parts of my skin apart from my chin!!!!!

i'd rather have 15 small spots on my skin than have this beast under my skin which looks like its going to take a while to get rid of.

I cant even look at my boyfriend, i have my hand over my face all of the time.

Its too small to get an injection, so im now feeling really depressed which isnt helping either because this makes spots worse

how can i treat this?

im open to any suggestions now, thanks guys :( x

oh i used to model aswell but thats not going to happen because i cant even look my friends in the face never mind a camera x

post-57341-1177079705_thumb.jpg

post-57341-1177079705_thumb.jpg

I can't see the image, but from what you have described I think it is some kind of cyst or nodule. I used to get them all the time, weird things they were. I could get hold of this "pea" under my skin, and hold it between my fingers like there was a foreign object stuck under my skin. The thing is, if you mess with it, it will stay like that forever, if you leave it, it will eventually go away of its own accord. Ni amount of squeezing will get rid of it, they don't squeeze. I know it feels like you could just pop whatever it is out of your skin if you squeeze hard enough, but you wil just irritate it.

If you want, you can try and soak it in hydrogen peroxide (3%) which you can get at any chemist. Hold a soaked coton wool ball on for 10 minutes each day and see if it will draw it out.

Otherwise, just leave well alone.

What if you've already "messed" with it and tried as hard as you could to squeeze it? I know...now it's irritated and sore, but will it really be with me FOREVER? I sure hope not, because I have two on my right cheek and they look and feel awful. Help!

Severe acne vulgaris is characterized by nodules and cysts:

Nodules: As opposed to the lesions mentioned above, nodular acne consists of acne spots which are much larger, can be quite painful and can sometimes last for months. Nodules are large, hard bumps under the skin's surface. Scarring is common. Absolutely do not attempt to squeeze such a lesion. You may cause severe trauma to the skin and the lesion may last for months longer than it normally would. Dermatologists often have ways of lessening swelling and preventing scarring.

Cysts: An acne cyst can appear similar to a nodule, but is pus-filled, and has been described as having a diameter of 5mm or more across. They can be painful. Again, scarring is common with cystic acne. Squeezing an acne cyst may cause a deeper infection and more painful inflammation which will last much longer than if you had left it alone. Dermatologists often have ways of lessening swelling and preventing scarring.

Severe acne vulgaris is characterized by nodules and cysts:

Nodules: As opposed to the lesions mentioned above, nodular acne consists of acne spots which are much larger, can be quite painful and can sometimes last for months. Nodules are large, hard bumps under the skin's surface. Scarring is common. Absolutely do not attempt to squeeze such a lesion. You may cause severe trauma to the skin and the lesion may last for months longer than it normally would. Dermatologists often have ways of lessening swelling and preventing scarring.

Cysts: An acne cyst can appear similar to a nodule, but is pus-filled, and has been described as having a diameter of 5mm or more across. They can be painful. Again, scarring is common with cystic acne. Squeezing an acne cyst may cause a deeper infection and more painful inflammation which will last much longer than if you had left it alone. Dermatologists often have ways of lessening swelling and preventing scarring.

I've had a ton of cortisone shots on small pimples with dilute cortisone, and not once experienced atrophy. If it wont go away it's something to try. Mine always go away..usually over night.

I guess just keep it clean and otherwise leave it alone so it doesn't get angry again...but don't feel so bad, there are people with those all over.

I think i've got one of the best solutions for ya! :)

lol

but i warn you, it stains a bit...

but I know how it feels to have the cysts... I'm almost 20, and I've probably had close to 30 within a 3 year period. some small like yours, but others that manifested into large ones, and then joined forces with their neighbors...lol i had a mountain on my cheek for about, 5 months...lol

heres a few treatments that have worked for me :

take a lipton ice tea bag... the REGULAR lipton ice tea...

and make tea as regular....but don't throw away the bag, just simply let it cool down a bit, and as hot as you can stand it, leave it on the cyst for a while. I did this for about an hour, and in the end it popped in another spot...you can do this for a few days, maybe 2 to 3 times a day... or so...

i had a big one three weeks ago...

now I can barely feel it. smile.gif

or

what really stains:

mix turmeric spice and coconut oil, more spice and oil, but make it all pasty (and in my opinion a little disgusting...lol ) and put it on the spot... make sure that you're getting the spice on it really good. .. I usually leave it on overnight. but it stains my skin yellow,... seriously... the spice helps a LOT

hope that helps,

I've got a few other suggestions, so just PM me or reply back here if you wanna know them...lol