Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
traxie2001

Applying makeup with a foundation brush...

i dampen the brush first and i put my foundation on the back of my hand and sorta smush it around a little, i usually brush it on first and then use kind of a dabbing/blotting motion to blend it better and if i need to i sweep the brush over again to smooth it out.. it also looks much better once you've put finishing powder over it.. what kind of foundation are you using?

I'm using Neutrogena's liquid foundation for acne prone skin. My problem with the brush I think is blending...cause the foundation doesn't match my skintone perfectly so when I use my fingers I blend it it and the brush doesn't do as good of a job - probably cause i'm using it wrong! Hehe..i'll give your method a try when i get home.

hmmmm.... i don't know why you would be getting a different effect. did you use more foundation when you applied it with your brush? you might want to consider maybe wetting your foundation brush before using it or mixing a little moisturizer with your foundation to allow it to blend easier. you could be using the wrong shade too and might want to find one that matches more closely. it's dependent on how much you put on and the coverage you want.

as far as application, when i used liquid foundation, i did pretty much the same thing as funsince1983, i would put a little on my hand, dip my brush in it (think like you're painting a canvas,) and then applied starting in the middle of my face and going outward. i would usually swipe some on my nose, across the top of my cheek bones, dot on my forehead and then blend.

i dot my foundation on my face and then blend it in with my brush :)

Ditto! Or I use a palette when I add in MAC Stobe Cream to my foundation. Put some foundation + Strobe Cream on the palette, mix them together and then swirl my foundation brush in it and apply it to my face.

i dot my foundation on my face and then blend it in with my brush :)

Ditto! Or I use a palette when I add in MAC Stobe Cream to my foundation. Put some foundation + Strobe Cream on the palette, mix them together and then swirl my foundation brush in it and apply it to my face.

I just tried it again and this time it looks really great! I dabbed a bit on my face but found it to be excessive so I just used the back of my hand. I tapped the foundation brush a bit and swirled it a little on my hand then I lightly tapped and brushed it over my face. It really does look a lot better so if I can get up early enough in the morning to do it I will!

One problem though - it makes my skin dryer than it is using my fingers. I apply it right after my moisturizer. Any suggestions?