Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
avie

Emu Oil or Squalene Oil?

I dont know which one to get!! Which one's better at moisturizing??

I've used both and I started using the squalane exclusively and really like it. Very moisturizing and has not broken and me out at all, which is great, because I break out pretty easily. From what I understand, Squalane (with an a) is from olive trees - the good stuff and Squalene (with an e) is from sharks and is ok, but not nearly as good for your skin. I put it on in the morning and it absorbs pretty fast and my makeup looks great.

I do like Emu oil too, but have started using it for other than my face. On my kids' cuts & scrapes, in my hair after I wash it, my husband uses it on his skin everyday.

Never used squalane or squalene oil, but I love emu oil. It smells a little funky, but is sooo moisturizing wihtout being oily. My skin surprinsingly does not breakout from it either.

Never used squalane or squalene oil, but I love emu oil. It smells a little funky, but is sooo moisturizing wihtout being oily. My skin surprinsingly does not breakout from it either.

Wow, where do you get your emu oil from? I've bought it from 3 different stores (online and local) and it's 100% pure from Australia and there is no smell...none! Maybe yours has gone bad.