Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i hate mirrors too, i like the one in my bathroom because theres natural light and i have a good light which doesnt make my skin look bad.

though i hate when your in clubs and in the rest rooms theres tho "white lights" by the mirrors and ur skin is just "yuck"

i hate that as u look worse than u are :S

birth control pills are doses of estrogen. estrogen suppresses testosterone. testosterone causes excess oil production. excess oil causes acne

taking the pill supresses acne. but as soon as you go off you get acne. its not an imbalance per say. its that the pill was suppressing the effects of testosterone in your body.

if you're concerned about scars. look into fraxel. www.fraxel.com www.reliant-tech.com

also a long thread about fraxel on here in the scar forum.

I never look in mirrors, even being around them makes me feel uncomfortable. I sometimes go for weeks without looking in the mirror. But then I have to look every so often to check my accutane progress.

Hope it can grow skin on the scar. I think so much about it that I have gone nuts. For example the other day I lost my brief-case and my cell-phone. My mum is gonna give me a good spanking....

I guess i just have the opposite reaction, because unlike all of you guys not looking in the mirror, i find myself constantly looking at myself in the mirror to make sure nothing has like grown or w/e. I hate what i see, but i feel like i need to just keep an eye on everything going on. But i, like the person a while back, can't look at myself when i'm with other people or in public. Even when i'm walking by a window or sitting on the train by the window, i avoid looking because i'm afraid of what i'm going to see.

Who knew mirrors would be so controversial?

no joke. i hate mirrors. even when i'm washing my face in the morning/night i just leave a faint faint light on, and i'm like "oooh! i have such pretty skin" haha because i can't really see myself that clear. believe me that's cured my random crying breakdowns at night...but accutane prevents and gets rid of acne scars???!!

Hey guys, just really wanted to add to this because i can so badly relate to what you're saying! I have so many really visible marks around my chin and mouth from a massive breakout a few months ago, and now i just cannot stand to look at myself in mirrors, especially if it's a room with flourescent lighting like in a restaurant - it shows ever little flaw. I start to panic when i get near mirrors and my heart starts racing faster becasue i hate my appearance so much at the minute and the scars just WILL NOT FADE. I know it's a bad thing to say but i'm slightly relieved that there are people who feel the same way (if you see where i'm coming from!)