Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nikole69

Went to health shop and wanted to run out

I went to the mall to meet up with friends. I had my hair and make-up done (as I always do, I guess) and had a nice outfit and heels on. I was feeling like I looked pretty damn good. I decided to pop into the health shop to get some flax oil and green tea pills. There were two guys working in the shop, one normal looking guy and one pretty hot guy. I suddenly felt so self-conscious and hideous, especially under those bright shop lights. I was going to quickly get the oil and leave, but the hot guy came up and asked if he could help me, I decided to ask about the green tea pills. I thought he would just either say they had them or they didn't and leave it at that, but he said "What are you using them for?" that was the first point that I wanted to run out, so I just said for antioxidants. Then the other guy comes over and says "Are you using it for.....Are you using it for health or....." I just blurted out "Anything". Then the hot guy started recommending something else, but I just felt like they were both looking at my skin and thinking "Oh she must be wanting it for her ugly skin". I don't have any active acne, just a few red marks from a few recent pimples, but I do have scars. I don't know whether the other guy was going to ask if I was wanting it for my skin or not, but I am so sensitive and paranoid. I don't think I will go back there again. How stupid is that?

I know what you mean. I always think that if someone is looking at me, they must be staring at my acne and thinking I'm ugly, but most of the time thats not the case. He was probably wasn't thinking anything about your skin and just genuinely wanted to help.

Goodness, you must have looked pretty good to have both of the assistants come running to your aid!

Sounds like they wanted to help. Green tea is used for lots of things, so of course they were trying to figure out exactly which reason you wanted it so perhaps they could sell a more expensive something or other.

Well, I don't like how retail people are like that, being up in your face and asking you a lot of questions. You don't have to explain yourself to them. ugggggggggh

What if the guys were going to ask you out? You missed a big chance. Regret is the worst thing to ever have in life - even worse than the worst disease. Case closed.

:ninja:

What if the guys were going to ask you out? You missed a big chance. Regret is the worst thing to ever have in life - even worse than the worst disease. Case closed.

:ninja:

I'm gonna guess that they came over cause they liked the way you looked. I could be wrong but I doubt they work on commision and two people helping one customer is overkill. When I started to read your post I was expecting you to say they ingnored you or made a snarky comment to you or were whispering and pointing or something. The fact that both of them came over to talk to you and try to help you really says to me they thought you looked good.

I'm gonna guess that they came over cause they liked the way you looked. I could be wrong but I doubt they work on commision and two people helping one customer is overkill. When I started to read your post I was expecting you to say they ingnored you or made a snarky comment to you or were whispering and pointing or something. The fact that both of them came over to talk to you and try to help you really says to me they thought you looked good.

I went to the mall to meet up with friends. I had my hair and make-up done (as I always do, I guess) and had a nice outfit and heels on. I was feeling like I looked pretty damn good. I decided to pop into the health shop to get some flax oil and green tea pills. There were two guys working in the shop, one normal looking guy and one pretty hot guy. I suddenly felt so self-conscious and hideous, especially under those bright shop lights. I was going to quickly get the oil and leave, but the hot guy came up and asked if he could help me, I decided to ask about the green tea pills. I thought he would just either say they had them or they didn't and leave it at that, but he said "What are you using them for?" that was the first point that I wanted to run out, so I just said for antioxidants. Then the other guy comes over and says "Are you using it for.....Are you using it for health or....." I just blurted out "Anything". Then the hot guy started recommending something else, but I just felt like they were both looking at my skin and thinking "Oh she must be wanting it for her ugly skin". I don't have any active acne, just a few red marks from a few recent pimples, but I do have scars. I don't know whether the other guy was going to ask if I was wanting it for my skin or not, but I am so sensitive and paranoid. I don't think I will go back there again. How stupid is that?

You guys are so nice, but in all fairness, the shop was empty - I was the only customer. Also, they were talking to each other for about 10 minutes before either one bothered to approach. Now that I read my post again, I feel a little silly - its not like they ACTUALLY said or did anything to upset me, I guess my point was that I am extremely self-conscious and can go from feeling ok about myself to feeling like total crap within seconds.

You guys are so nice, but in all fairness, the shop was empty - I was the only customer. Also, they were talking to each other for about 10 minutes before either one bothered to approach. Now that I read my post again, I feel a little silly - its not like they ACTUALLY said or did anything to upset me, I guess my point was that I am extremely self-conscious and can go from feeling ok about myself to feeling like total crap within seconds.

if we could make a bet.. i would totally bet that he wasn't looking at your skin... some of us think you're silly but we have all been there before. The person who sees our acne the most is us...... we don't look at each other in the mirror all the time ( ican't it makes me cry) but we like think the whole word notice us with the pimples and is laughing inside...

btw, act confident! strut your hot stuff... guys are very attracted to confidence.