Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eggtooth

BP, sports and clothes

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this post.

I used BP a number of years ago, but found that all my clothes were bleached - usually around the neck of T-Shirts and jumpers etc. This happened even when I was super careful about applying it and waited until it was totally dry before putting my clothes on.

I think a lot of the problem was sweat: as a student I rode my bike everywhere. Nowadays, I stil do a lot of exercise, but at least I go to the gym and wear separate clothes to those I wear at work etc.

I plan to start using Dan's regimen and have ordered some BP. I am concerned that I am going to bleach my clothes again.

Does anyone have any experience of this problem and how have they managed it?

you might be able to get away skippin BP in the morning around your neck

otherwise... im not so sure

I've never actually had a problem with BP bleaching the collars of shirts I work out in, and I sweat a lot, though I'm sure it happens to other people. The biggest culprit for bleaching shirts, in my experience, is washing my face with the shirt on, since even if I am careful I still have some water running down my neck. Wearing light shirts or no shirt while you wash your face and working out in junky clothes will probably be good enough, I think. The only shirt whose collar has bleached a little that wasn't from washing my face was a turtleneck sweater, so that's to be expected, I guess.