Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest T-Virus

Alcohol

Guest T-Virus

How bad is it really? Does it have a negative impact on acne and the body in general even when it's consumed in moderation?

Guest T-Virus

Surely something that makes me feel so good can't be that bad.

FYI I'm a bit drunk right now.

I dont know 100% but it damages the liver and kills good bacteria in the bowels. I drink wine (red) when im in the mood and Jack d's straight. Wine does have benefits and I dont get frazzled but ive noticed no change in acne drinking like this. Tho if I use coke with my jack I breakout and can never sleep!! I go hyper actually ;p

It seriously dehydrates you so if you want to consume it (especially liquor) then go very SLOWLY and drink water in between

Well, it can end lives, destroy your organs and ruin your life through abuse and sufering.

So, its quite bad,

beer f*cks upmyskin for weeks i hate it . whenever i get drunk i no im goona have a real bad breakout and then i have to go back on a "clean " diet

Well, it can end lives, destroy your organs and ruin your life through abuse and sufering.

So, its quite bad,

Well. I used to drink everyday when I was younger. I stopped completely. I know it reeked havoc on my skin. I do not recommend drinking in excess to anyone.

hmm is that just red though? what are the benifits to white? im pretty sure this is full of something bad but cant remember what! im a total white wine spritzer girl, white tastes nicer for me and gets me drunk so easy so i drink less which is good for my body in the end! Though not so healthy i do wish i liked red for the health benefits but it tastes like vinegar to me :(

alcohol is no worse for you than caffeine or sugar. so unless you wanna be a complete health nut and never live at all, just keep everything in moderation. i don't think diet plays a major role in acne breakouts personally.

i drink... a lot (daily, and i don't keep track of how much). i don't think it effects my skin at all actually. now if you're drinking because you're depressed (or other problems... stress whatever) THOSE things can wreak havoc on your skin. chug some water before you hit the sack and you won't feel as hungover the next morning. the headaches and all that are a result of dehydration.

i don't think diet plays a major role in acne breakouts personally

djfunz.......aaaaaw you gone and done it now.......! :lol:

I don't think alcohol is bad if you don't drink too much/too often, but binge drinking is obviously a no-no. Sometimes excessive drinking can lead to Korsakoff's syndrome -- look it up.

A lot of people have trouble with acne and alcohol with nearly everything but vodka, and even some with vodka.

The statement that wine is better than beer or sake or whatever is false. All alcohol has been proven to be beneficial in moderation. In fact, drinking in moderation has been proven better than not drinking at all.

It all depends on what you want out of it health wise and what you like to drink. Beer is good for stones so it's good for men. Every beer reduces your chance of getting them by 45%. Wine has EGCG. All alcohol is good for your heart in moderation. it does some damage but the benefits of moderation outweigh the costs.

I drink 9% Belgian beer. It's not bad for me, I just don't drink a bunch of it.