Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_MaGic_DuSt_

what does it mean when a guy...

... doesn't put moves on you on the FIRST date?! My girl friends say that it's cos if he has respect for you then he won't... but on the other hand, I feel like sh!t that he didn't put any moves on me.And yeah, my face is CLEAR.

I need some type of imput on this. THNX!

... doesn't put moves on you on the FIRST date?! My girl friends say that it's cos if he has respect for you then he won't... but on the other hand, I feel like sh!t that he didn't put any moves on me.And yeah, my face is CLEAR.

He sounds like a kewl guy if u ask me!

I'd luv 2 hang out wit a guy witout him straight of the mark bein all hands on touchy feely..annoys the hell outta me lol

He sounds like a kewl guy if u ask me!

I'd luv 2 hang out wit a guy witout him straight of the mark bein all hands on touchy feely..annoys the hell outta me lol

I think he respects you...maybe he was waiting for you and hes thinking the same? Ask him for another date and see, maybe youll get your wish but he seems decent.

It's respect (or bashfulness)! Either way, it's good. Of the guys I've dated, the ones who lasted the longest were the ones who did not try anything on the first date, the second date, the third date. If a guy did try, he usually got one more chance to behave and then if he tried again, that was it. Groping pisses me off. A nice polite kiss - now that is respectful.

Of course you'll wonder if it is truly respect, but if he calls again and is able to manage to behave well through another date, you'll know it's respect.

Did you have fun? Did he seem to have fun? Were you two mutually interested in what the other had to say? Those are the hallmarks of a good date. :P

That sounds fairly normal. On your second date try giving him signals to show you're interested but don't overstep the mark and throw yourself at him. Just subtle hints like 'accidentally' brushing against his leg, suntle touches of the shoulder, y'know?

Personally I wouldn't always make a move on the first date it would totally depend on the situation at the time.

oh goodness. well magic dust, it could be one of two things... either he's not feeling it, or he's being respectful and wants to get to know you for you. i guess that doesn't help much. has he asked you for another date? did the first one go well?

in my experience, it's kind of left to what kind of relationship you want. if you're not looking for anything long term and just want a fly-by relationship, you should be proactive. if you're looking for a gentleman and have some traditional values, then if he doesn't ask you out again, he's not worth your time.

He's gay. :lol: Not all guys just want to hook up with a girl the first chance they get. It definitly doesn't mean that he's not digging you.

I think it all depends on the girls personality also. if a guy will make a move on a first date. If she's really hands on and flirty with you then the guy will be that way back. A more quite reserved girl you probably don't want to be macking on the first date.

As for me though, I like to toy with(in a nice way) and build up to things. Like get in close like your going for a kiss but not actually do it. That sort of stuff. Seems like girls kind of like a build up to, keep the mystery going sort of thing.

Umm..most girls wouldnt like a guy to be touchy and all on the first date , sure he knows that and he doesnt wanna do something to show you that he is disrespectful or try to get slapped..

I dont understand how you feel crappy by that ? either he isnt into you..or he is just a very nice guy.

I hate it when just because you don't jump in the pants of every girl you get a chance with you can get accused of being gay. Thats part of the bullshit macho culture that some men adopt to make them feel more masculine.

i think its cool he didnt make a move on the first date. i personally find it quite offencive if a guy does so it sounds like he's a decent dude.

I hate it when just because you don't jump in the pants of every girl you get a chance with you can get accused of being gay. Thats part of the bullshit macho culture that some men adopt to make them feel more masculine.

Guest Kimmay

So being gay automatically makes you feminine? :think:

^ No he's saying they do it to make themselves feel more masculine, not saying that is more masculine.

Guys never make a "move" on me either...hey, I'm just asking for a kiss, nothing crazy :whistle:

I think it has to do with body language. I'm shy & my body language isn't "inviting" & so guys probably aren't sure if I want them to kiss me or not.

BTW, I would never make the first move on a guy unless I was already really comfortable with him & he was also giving me signs that he wanted me to. It's just not me to do so. I guess if you want someone else to make the first move you have to find someone willing to.

You're way out of his league and he knows it, so he doesnt wan't to get dumped. Thats why his hands arn't creeping for your bra strap.

Wow, was I the only one STUNNED by this thread?

You're upset because your first date didn't end up all touchy-feely?

I would be INFURIATED if a guy tried make "passes" at me on the first date. Or the second. Or the tenth. Probably the 50th as well.

If that's all he's interested in, that there's no way in hell i'd even go out with him.

Making first date passes doesnt make a man macho IMO...........it makes him impatient and sleazy.

Well I don't know about that one Rox...by the 50th date with a girl I would hope to get some kissy kissy. There's a huge difference between kissing and hand holding in comparison to full on sex.

I could definitly wait for the sex, whenever she was comfortable with it. but if I wasn't getting any sort of physical affection I'd be thinking something was definitly up.