Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antimatter

The VT shooting: could it affect us?

I just finished watching a news section where students at a school say they will report "loners" from now on, which safe to say, include most of us. Just as life couldn't get any shittier huh? :rolleyes:

I just finished watching a news section where students at a school say they will report "loners" from now on, which safe to say, include most of us. Just as life couldn't get any shittier huh? :rolleyes:

You'd have to wonder, what could prevent "them" from thinking, "how do we know you're not going to go haywire on us, you look like you will resent life at any moment." I've thought about this for several days, and the only thing I could come up to answer them was, "are you going to kill all the people with acne who act like a loner from now on? How about all the ones with AIDS?"

This world is so fucked up right now.

I think they mean more along the lines of people who seem dangerous. I mean that guy was stalking people, writing violent plays, etc. A lot of people here may be anti-social but that doesn't mean they're going to be reported for simply keeping to themselves. You took whatever you heard way too literally.

I watched a video clip yesterday, and the news anchor man was interviewing one of Cho Seung Hui's roommate. The anchorman kept making it seem like.. just because Cho was a loner.. or "quiet" that hes some freak. I know theres a lot of ppl out there that keeps to themselves.. that doesn't mean they are gonna go on a killing rampage.

I think the only freaks out there are the media ppl that keeps making these news so outrageous when there are lots of other things in this world that is happening. Theres already other kids out there trying to copy Cho or make a bigger killing spree so he can be on the news.

They spent 3-4 days talking about Cho Seung Hui, and everything else thats happening is ignored.

Theres ppl starving out there, no human rights, sex trafficking...

The story of Cho was simple.. he was crazy.. admired some killers.. and went on a rampage.

Also.. Cho Seung Hui needed help, but no one can blame anyone for how he was. He was the only one that can seek help. Its not like they can drag him to get help.

he wasn't just a loner..he wouldn't talk to anyone, and he creeped out his english class so much that the teacher had to tutor him privatly cuz the other students felt uncomfortable around him. he also wrote very creepy stories about torture and stuff. he wasn't like the random quiet kid in the back of the room. sorry if someone else posted this, i didnt read all the posts

There is a HUGE difference between regular loners and the type of loner Cho Seung Hui was. I wouldn't even compare the two. Cho was essentially the prototypical mass shooter. Very removed from society, extremely violent, bullied, resentful, and blaming everyone while excusing himself from all responsibility. He was very mentally ill...a very sick individual who should have been under supervised care of a mental health professional.

I think that's going a little overboard. Some kids are just shy, quite, and keep to themselves but they're a great person and wouldn't hurt a fly. The shooter had a lot of fucked up things going on and really shouldn't of even been walking the streets.

And students won't report shit unless it's obvious that something is deeply wrong with the person...and even then I don't think some people would bother to take the time to tell them the concerns.

There is a HUGE difference between regular loners and the type of loner Cho Seung Hui was. I wouldn't even compare the two. Cho was essentially the prototypical mass shooter. Very removed from society, extremely violent, bullied, resentful, and blaming everyone while excusing himself from all responsibility. He was very mentally ill...a very sick individual who should have been under supervised care of a mental health professional.

The thing is

IT wasn't all that obvious.. have u read his plays?

The media quite over exaggerated on this situation.. I agree the plays had a lot of hate, but how can one person assume he would be a killer?

And watch the interview of his roommate.. His roommate didn't think there was much wrong with Cho.

Its like me for example, outside I seem very normal.. who knows I'm a depressive person?

I'm not gonna run all over the place telling everyone I got issues.

You guys ask yourself.. how many of u with depression, or some kind of issue

Actually go and look for professional help?

Thats funny , and NO ofcourse not , there is difference between being a loner and phsyco and a loner and a nice person

Thats funny , and NO ofcourse not , there is difference between being a loner and phsyco and a loner and a nice person

It might seem easy to you guys to know who's a psycho or not.

Just like child molesters who can be our neighbors, or the pastor thats preaching in our neighborhood church.

This guy was plain quiet, he didn't communicate with anyone. Who would know or even take time to notice or care.. to know if he was a psycho or not.

Theres no such thing as someone normal.. Its obvious anyone can commit any crime, or anything out of the ordinary.

Guest Grow To Overthrow

Oh my, they really are getting desperate. That's an iron-clad policy right there!

It definately is the fault of those people, whom for whatever reason choose to keep little company, that public massacres such as the recent VT incident appear to be on the increase in the United States.

It just proves how very embedded into your culture these firearms are, any avenue aside from the obvious will be explored. It's almost a cultural foundation for some. How they don't draw the direct link between guns and violence, not to mention a desensitization to it, i do not know. :wall:

Oh my, they really are getting desperate. That's an iron-clad policy right there!

It definately is the fault of those people, whom for whatever reason choose to keep little company, that public massacres such as the recent VT incident appear to be on the increase in the United States.

It just proves how very embedded into your culture these firearms are, any avenue aside from the obvious will be explored. It's almost a cultural foundation for some. How they don't draw the direct link the guns and violence, not to mention a desensitization to it, i do not know. :wall:

Well people don't fill out forms to buy guns, and even if he doesn't buy it at a store.. Theres many other ways to get one if he really wanted it.