Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brianetics

Natural treatment for acne I'm trying, with good results.

I'll start this off by saying I've had acne ever since puberty, and while it's never been bad enough to go on accutane or anything like that, it shifts from moderate, to an annoyance. I went to a dermatologist a couple times, have tried BenzaClin, Mynocycline, Erythromycin in terms of anti-biotics. I've tried benzoyl peroxide, salacylic acid, washing my face, all sorts of things. Nothing ever cured it. Anti-biotics worked for a little while, but it came raging back.

After doing some research on the causes of acne, how anti-biotics can make your acne bacteria even more resilient and other things, I decided to try other things. I tried just washing my face with water, as is another popular thread in this forum.

While this seemed to bring down irritation, which may have been causing some of my acne, I was still getting new zits, as you'll see most of the people on there say. I think your acne may get better at first because you're not irritating your skin with harsh chemicals or washes, but it won't get rid of it.

So, I tried to research some natural cures for acne, and I'm having some pretty good success and wanted to share it with you guys.

I got this from another site actually, where I had to pay money, but I'm not going to mention the site. I made another post where I did, and asked opinions, and Dan closed the post, saying I was advertising. So, I'll just talk about the general things I do, and if you want more information, you can message me.

For topical things, I wash my face with a gentle cleanser at night, rinse with just water in the morning, to keep all irritation down. I use Tea Tree Oil on my actual zits, applied with a q-tip. I've read many studies that Tea Tree oil (which is an antiseptic) when used a few times a day is almost as effective as BP, and doesn't nearly dry the skin as much, or irritate, which for me causes more breakouts. I also just recently incorporated nearly pure aloe vera gel, which is great for healing the skin and keeping it healthy. These two alone seem to help control the acne I already have, while keeping my skin soft.

I also have totally examined my health. Acne (at least somtimes) is triggered by hormones, that's a fact. Think about puberty, women who get acne at their period, and how birth control helps. Your hormone levels are all screwy if you don't take care of your body. So, I started taking supplements, since my diet was atrocious, and so were my sleeping habits. I also started trying to get at LEAST 8 hours every night, and am trying to go to bed at generally the same times.

Let me tell you, this is working well. I've only been doing it for maybe... 5 days or so, and started the supplements just a couple days ago. But I have had absolutely 0 new breakouts. Every zit on my face right now is from before I started doing this, and they are all healing. It's pretty amazing. I can't vouch for the long term effects of this, but that's what starting this thread is for.

I just wanted to share this with you guys, and to keep you updated. I'm excited because taking care of myself makes me feel better in general, and I'm not throwing all sorts of nasty chemicals at myself. And theoretically, if this works, then this is a long term cure for acne, not just a surface cure that will make the acne sprout right back once I stop heavily medicating myself.

Let me know your opinions on this guys. And I've tried to keep all advertising out of this, so I can just get real opinions, and share something with people if this works.

It's probably called a "Cotton Swab" in the UK. It's a little stick of white cardboard, that has a small ball of cotton on each end. It's good for applying small amount of liquid. I put it in the tea tree oil, then dab it on my zits a few times a day. Aloe Vera I just put all over my face right after I wash it.

As for vitamins, I'm going all out, like this other site (which I'm not going to advertise) suggests. So I'm taking a whole bunch of stuff, it'd be too long to list here. And it cost me a lot of money (Around 150 bucks for all the vitamins) so you should probably let me test it out a little longer, see if it works for me before you throw down all that cash.

The core of it is supposed to be Essential Fatty Acids (EFA's), like Borage Oil, Primrose Oil, and Flaxseed oil. Also Fish oil. Then you take Lecithin and Zinc. The EFA's are supposed to help balance out hormone levels, the lecithin protects you from oxidation from the EFA's, and Zinc not only helps with the EFA's, but also supports the immune system. Those are supposed to be the most important. But then there's like vitamin A, B's, C, E, Selenium, Magnesium and other stuff. Also you're supposed to use stuff like Chromium to balance your blood sugar, certain herbs to cleanse your liver, Fiber to make sure your colon isn't screwed up. It's pretty intense. I'm trying to do it as best I can, but the guy who describes it goes pretty crazy with it. He goes into fasting for cleansing, enemas and crap like that. I'm not going that hardcore. I'm doing what he suggests is the most important, and seeing if I get lasting results.

I'll keep you up to date, and let me know if you have any more questions.

It's supposed to be made up of 5 steps.

1: regulate hormones

2: Make sure your diet is ok, no allergens, excessive sugar etc

3: Cleanse and repair the colon

4: purify the blood

5: Cleanse and repair the liver (which absorbs excess hormones and impurities and crap)

Even if it's not as magical as the guy says, I'm taking vitamins that I was probably seriously lacking before with my crappy diet and hopefully getting a little bit healthier, which can't hurt.

And? Even if you do this and get rid of it, what next? What happens when you want to eat a chocolate bar once in a while? You're screwed?

These acne diets are BS, I'll stick to things like BP.

Obviously diet is a major factor for you and taking so many healthy supplements helps your skin. But..It cost you a lot. $150+? What happens when you need more supplements?

No offence, but that's insane. You're spending so much money, and giving up eating good food. If I were you, I'd say to hell with it, and take up Dan's regimen again and try it fully. It's cost is nothing compared to what supplements you need to buy all the time (insane, $150+?).

First of all, it's not required to buy all the vitamins I bought. Basically, this isn't about getting rid of acne, so much as being healthy with the removal of acne as a (good) side-effect. A lot of the stuff is stuff you do originally but aren't really necessary later on. Basically I'm making up for 23 years of eating almost entirely fast food and crap and most likely clogging up my liver with toxins. You take the vitamins in saturation doses at first, and then you just take them at the recommended doses on the bottle to make up for the fact that you're not getting them in your diet. If you do eat totally healthy, then you don't need 90% of them. But I don't, and I don't think most people do.

And chocolate has nothing to do with it. I'm basically giving this guy's idea a chance, I've always wanted to eat healthier and see how I felt with proper nutrition, sleep etc. So I'm going to try it for a month, see how I feel. I imagine in a month's time if I'm lucky I'll be watching what I eat slightly more, avoiding (not eliminating) fried foods, pure sugar etc.

If you do believe anything of what I'm telling you (that acne is often a signal of poor health in some area), your response equates to this. "*whine* It's so hard to be healthy though! I don't want to change. Can't I just get something cheap, like a cream I can put on it, so my body will shut up about how it's upset with me?".

I'm doing this to see if it works for me, and luckily I'm willing to spend the money to really give this thing a test. Then, after a couple months, I'll be able to come back, tell you if it worked, my opinions on it, if there are lasting effects, and what I am taking on a regular basis to keep it away. And I bet you anything it'll be minimal.

First of all, it's not required to buy all the vitamins I bought. Basically, this isn't about getting rid of acne, so much as being healthy with the removal of acne as a (good) side-effect. A lot of the stuff is stuff you do originally but aren't really necessary later on. Basically I'm making up for 23 years of eating almost entirely fast food and crap and most likely clogging up my liver with toxins. You take the vitamins in saturation doses at first, and then you just take them at the recommended doses on the bottle to make up for the fact that you're not getting them in your diet. If you do eat totally healthy, then you don't need 90% of them. But I don't, and I don't think most people do.

And chocolate has nothing to do with it. I'm basically giving this guy's idea a chance, I've always wanted to eat healthier and see how I felt with proper nutrition, sleep etc. So I'm going to try it for a month, see how I feel. I imagine in a month's time if I'm lucky I'll be watching what I eat slightly more, avoiding (not eliminating) fried foods, pure sugar etc.

If you do believe anything of what I'm telling you (that acne is often a signal of poor health in some area), your response equates to this. \"*whine* It's so hard to be healthy though! I don't want to change. Can't I just get something cheap, like a cream I can put on it, so my body will shut up about how it's upset with me?\".

I'm doing this to see if it works for me, and luckily I'm willing to spend the money to really give this thing a test. Then, after a couple months, I'll be able to come back, tell you if it worked, my opinions on it, if there are lasting effects, and what I am taking on a regular basis to keep it away. And I bet you anything it'll be minimal.

I don't believe we can exhaust the issue of health, diet, hormones and blood impurty's effect on acne in the spam of one exchange.

Both you and I are here to find help with our acne. I am not trying to say this guy is Jesus and you are an idiot. His guide is 25 dollars. I'm an adult with a full time job, 25 dollars is very little to me. You're correct, he doesn't have any secrets. He collects common knowledge about supplements and vitamins, along with their hypothosized effects in one easy to digest source. I would pay 25 dollars for that. If you wouldn't, that's ok too.

150 dollars is really not that much money for over a month's supply of vitamins. If I feel better during that month, maybe help my acne a little and in the process learn about supplementation, then I would consider that 150 well spent. I would spend that on much less useful things in the course of a month.

I'm mainly excited about this because a lot of this knowledge is new to me. I knew various vitamins and minerals were supposed to be good for various things, but it's good to finally know some of what they can help with, and how they affect the body.

I definitely don't think this guy has every answer. I would even go so far as to say he's quite overly extreme in some cases, but that doesn't mean he has no useful info to share.

The actual bottom line here is I'm investigating natural alternatives to the common chemical techniques that are used for acne. If you have useful information on this topic you think we could all use, then by all means, please share. Share what you've tried, what you've learned, what works for you and and what doesn't.

But please don't use a tone that's dismissive and bordering on insulting because I'm at my wit's end and trying a natural and healthy alternative for a problem that's plagued me for 8 years.

If you have a particular problem with the guy I bought the info from, then that's fine, but don't hold it against me. I'm just trying to learn. If you have info you can share on the topic for free (unbiased, non-dismissive and useful info) then please share it. We'd all be the better for it.

lol first of all............

i enjoy reading ur guy's argument over two totally radical views of acne. I really believed that one's skin is their outward appearance of what is going on inside of their body. If the skin is showing a symptom of irritation or inflamation then(from my research) its trying to scream and say "help ur body out!!!!" diet is basically a total cure for an unhealthy body.

I am a 16 year old male who just started a new regime about a month ago. I just picked up a book at a bookstore of some Dr. who thought he had a cure for acne. His regime is totally natural and it is a 28 day planned diet. IT HAS HAD AMAZING affects on my acne. If I could only be loyal to it for the full time alotted!!! ](*,)

I like the supplement idea also,,,,,,I spent over $300 on some new supplements and they seem to have a very positive affect on acne. I know it was a bit pricy but I wanted to get this DR.'s supplements that he has manufactured and try them first. I will probably search for some more inexpensive sups when i need a refill.

ANyway,,, BRAINETICS----STICK WITH IT.......From my experience I know that acne can have dramatic affects on acne. I'm so glad that I finally found someone who realizes this.

OH.......and a few unbiased tips. These worked through my experimentations with this guy's program.

Stay away from bananas, potatoes, breads, AVOID ALL SUGARS.

Basically what this Dr.'s view is that if we keep our blood sugar level from rising and falling so dramatically throughout the day, then that should keep down inflammation which is the root cause of acne. So avaoid foods that would spike your blood sugar level and you'll do better..

Anyway, I would love to let you know more about this diet if you would like brainetics, just let me know.