Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeffy83

what would you do if you had perfect skin?

i was wondering...

what would you do if your acne and/or scarring were to clear up?

what would you do if starting tomorrow you had clear perfect skin?

what is acne really holding us back from doing?

asking someone out? being happy? partying? school? job? kids? having confidence??

why are we putting our lives on hold for acne?

I might actually make it to work on time, as I could cut out quite a bit of routine :think: (skin care & makeup)...nah, I'd probably just sleep later & still end up at work 10 minutes late.

- Wouldn't wear foundation.

- Would wear any kind of clothes I want without feeling self conscious because of the scars on my body.

It would be really nice to have one less thing to worry about. I don't think that instantly everything would change in my life just because of my skin, but I'd gradually be able to feel good about how I look. On top of that, I wouldn't pass up any invites from my friends just because my skin's broken out...that would be the best part about it, I think.

- Would wear any kind of clothes I want without feeling self conscious because of the scars on my body.

It would be really nice to have one less thing to worry about. I don't think that instantly everything would change in my life just because of my skin, but I'd gradually be able to feel good about how I look. On top of that, I wouldn't pass up any invites from my friends just because my skin's broken out...that would be the best part about it, I think.

Me to, I wouldnt pass up invites to things. I would go out and meet more people, be more outgoing, have more fun etc. I wouldn't have to wear foundation so I would go swimming and get sweaty playing sports and not have to worry about how my skin looks.

Me to, I wouldnt pass up invites to things. I would go out and meet more people, be more outgoing, have more fun etc. I wouldn't have to wear foundation so I would go swimming and get sweaty playing sports and not have to worry about how my skin looks.

yeah i think i would go out more..

i don't remember where i heard this if its from a movie or something.. but someone asks this old lady, "if you could go back and do things different what would you do different?" and she answers, "i would've laughed more."

what i'm trying to say is, 30-40 years from now we're going to look back on our life and wish we didn't let our acne repress us from going out and enjoying life.. i don't want to tell my kids (if i ever have kids), daddy didn't go out and have fun because he had acne..

i've had a crazy life and i use that to rationlize me staying in and hiding.. i tell myself i did all the crazy stuff its time to lay low and take it easy.. but somedays i feel like i'm an old man in an early retirement sitting on a porch swing, drinking lemonade, letting the world pass me by..

i think i'm due for a drinking binge haha :chuck:

I wouldnt constantly ruminate about my skin and talk about it with my parents and therapist. I wouldnt look in the mirror all the time. I dont think this would make me a whole lot happier with my life though. I have a lot of other problems to

I would spread my wings like a butterfly.....

heh no, seriously, I think I would be a LOT happier, probably have the confidence to do whatever used to be held back by my blemishes. Probably look for a better job, go out more with my friends, basically enjoy life without having to worry about how my face is doing in the morning.

I would become a far more outgoing person and not let acne hold me back as it has done for awhile. I might even go out and get drunk again which I haven't done in a few years. I would seriously consider going out looking for a girlfriend, well not go out hunting but if I found someone by chance or whatever I wouldn't feel as pressured about my skin getting in way of relationship as it may have done in past. I just wouldn't give a shit about things to be honest. There isn't much in my life that I can't handle and I do take life with a pinch of salt but my skin is the exception, if it was clear or, as clear as I would like, then my life would be a WHOLE lot easier.

I'd spend less money. Well, at least on skin care products. I'd definitely find something else to spend the money on, maybe even contribute more to my retirement fund.

As you get older and more mature, you'll find that acne (if you still have it) doesn't hold you back like it used to. You do learn to see yourself more as a whole package...and having had acne and dealing with it, you might find that you are a considerably stronger person than if you never had to deal with acne at all.

I would never ever ever ever look in the MIRROR AGAIN FOR THE REST OF MY PHYSICAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

i'd want to get back into modeling.. go out more.. hook up more haha.. have more self-esteem..

i'd definitely continue helping acne sufferers.. sharing experiences and suggestions..

give them hope..

where is the lifetime movie of the kid who overcomes acne???

where is the mtv documentary of the kid with acne???

i was at a car show last month and i saw six other kids with severe acne.. and i just wanted to round them up and tell them there is hope, that things will get better, you don't have to live with acne..

cause i think thats what we're all looking for- the light at the end of the tunnel..

you know some kind of hope that all this misery will go away, all this money was for a reason..

that our actions weren't futile..

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!! hahahahahaha

My skin is fine atm.. but i also have another issue.. I've had an eating disorder for over 10 years..

There are points where I can control it.. atm i'm not too sure

hopefully everythings ok!

:clap:

That movie ruled!!!

hi-five toots!!!!

i saw it twice! and i want to see it again.. that movie was badass!

and i loved south park's lesbian spoof of 300 that was hilarious!!!

My skin is fine atm.. but i also have another issue.. I've had an eating disorder for over 10 years..

you need to go inpatient for that..

i was anorexic for 4 years, and bulimic for 2 years.. and it continued every now and then.. but finally it stopped about a year and a half ago.. and since then i've been trying to put on weight.. it took me 8 months to gain five pounds cause i have an extremely high metabolism..

a habit that long is nearly impossible to break on your own.. you're body has adapted to that kind of behavior.. you're gonna need to be rehabilitated if you want a chance to start over.. you need to learn to love yourself.. some of us forget how to do that along the way and we stumble off the beaten path and lose our way..

my sister has been bulimic for 9 years! and she's finally decided to do something about it.. im so proud of her.. she's a year younger than me, and she's "not a girl, not yet a woman".. she's "beautifully broken" but she's working towards fixing herself.. she's checking into different rehabs and programs.. the first one she was going to do, she found out they don't moderate your food consumption, and thats something she needs.. for being 23 with a nine year eating disorder, she's still that little girl nine years ago.. but she's working to better herself, she's learning to love herself, and she's growing into the woman she wants to be.. and thats a woman filled with love and empathy.. they grow up so fast! :cry:

you need to go inpatient for that..

i was anorexic for 4 years, and bulimic for 2 years.. and it continued every now and then.. but finally it stopped about a year and a half ago.. and since then i've been trying to put on weight.. it took me 8 months to gain five pounds cause i have an extremely high metabolism..

a habit that long is nearly impossible to break on your own.. you're body has adapted to that kind of behavior.. you're gonna need to be rehabilitated if you want a chance to start over.. you need to learn to love yourself.. some of us forget how to do that along the way and we stumble off the beaten path and lose our way..

my sister has been bulimic for 9 years! and she's finally decided to do something about it.. im so proud of her.. she's a year younger than me, and she's "not a girl, not yet a woman".. she's "beautifully broken" but she's working towards fixing herself.. she's checking into different rehabs and programs.. the first one she was going to do, she found out they don't moderate your food consumption, and thats something she needs.. for being 23 with a nine year eating disorder, she's still that little girl nine years ago.. but she's working to better herself, she's learning to love herself, and she's growing into the woman she wants to be.. and thats a woman filled with love and empathy.. they grow up so fast! :cry:

I don't have that kind of money..

:clap:

That movie ruled!!!

hi-five toots!!!!

i saw it twice! and i want to see it again.. that movie was badass!

and i loved south park's lesbian spoof of 300 that was hilarious!!!

I only saw it once :boohoo: I really wish I had gone to see it in an Imax theatre.

I haven't seen the South Park spoof yet. Hopefully somebody uploaded it to youtube.

I don't have that kind of money..

thats just an excuse.. if you really wanted to change you wouldn't let finances stop you..

you're the only one holding yourself back from being the best you can be..

Of course I would not let finance stop me from getting an extreme makeover on my skin.

But, I have spent a lot of $$$ on my skin....been to 3 different top derms in NZ.

I just wasted my $$$....they all did nothing to my skin!