Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dscott0888

Big Butt Cyts

I get big cysts on my butt all the time. they are painful and seem to never go away. I have been using panoxyl bar and sometimes putting on the prescrition lotion "Ziana" that my dr gave me for my face and neck. I get hardly any back acne just on the butt. What should I use? I am going on accutane in a week i had to get my liver count down before hand.

I used to get what you are describing. They are called "carbuncles". Google it and read about them. Basically they are a staph infection. The only way to get rid of them is to soak in a hot tub to get them to come to a head. There's stuff you can buy at a drug store or walmart called "Boil Ease" or any other drawing salve. It speeds up the time that it takes to get rid of them. You should grow out of it tho, hopefully, I did.

Good luck

I just added something to the board about "butt" acne, but i just found this...thank you!! I will look up carbuncles!!!

You may want to look up hidradenitis suppurativa. That's what I think my long-term butt "folliculitis" really is, and there's no cure. Boils, pimply-type acne, dark blood-filled pimples that leave purplish welts that take a long time to fade. It seems like HS affects armpits, groin, under breast, but also other areas like the backside.

I hear accutane doesn't help.

Anybody who has the cure, post away, but please don't list cures for acne, hibiclens, phisohex, phisoderm, bacitracin, BP, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, AHA products, Retin-A, Boudreaux's Butt Paste, Cetaphil, Dial, Neutrogena, salt water, ACV, neem soap or oil, turmeric, Head and Shoulders...because I've tried those to no avail. I've tried prescriptions for it, erythromycin, I think, and had one for an abscess on my hip. I've tried ketoconozole, jock itch cream, and yeast infection ointment stuff.

Pretty frustrating, and doctors don't know how to cure it. They also tend to be dismissive.

Good luck, I wish you and anyone dealing with this the best. It sucks.

My next try will be Nair or hair removal cream. Just in case it's just general, twenty-year-long "folliculitis" ("infection of the hair follicles"--come on, that is such a fancy word to generalize skin problems). What have I got to lose...if it's really HS, then I'm screwed til there's a cure, apparently (google it and you'll see!). Sorry, it bums me out.

I've never had big ass cysts, but I've had my share of painful pimples. I simply ignore them and they diminish within 2-3 days.

Thought of some more things I've tried that didn't work: Aqua Glycolic, Glytone, Acne Getaway, Herpanacine (pills), exfoliating, not exfoliating, and ignoring them.

I put some Nair on the other day...too soon to comment. Will have to keep going for a while to see what happens. My thought is to remove the hair so that the bacteria/fungus/mystery germ doesn't travel down the hair shaft into the follicle (as doctors love to explain...the first time was informative, the second time familiar...third, etc...it got kinda old, when there's no real Rx for them to give).

Wait a second, not that I have a hairy butt or anything!! Just the peach fuzz hair, that's what I'm talking about!!

Thought of some more things I've tried that didn't work: Aqua Glycolic, Glytone, Acne Getaway, Herpanacine (pills), exfoliating, not exfoliating, and ignoring them.

I put some Nair on the other day...too soon to comment. Will have to keep going for a while to see what happens. My thought is to remove the hair so that the bacteria/fungus/mystery germ doesn't travel down the hair shaft into the follicle (as doctors love to explain...the first time was informative, the second time familiar...third, etc...it got kinda old, when there's no real Rx for them to give).

Wait a second, not that I have a hairy butt or anything!! Just the peach fuzz hair, that's what I'm talking about!!

i've got marks on my buttocks too. i was on ethromycin for it and i got two different diagnoses for it- one doctor saying its folliculitis one saying it was localised acne. from looking at pictures, i'd say it was the first one. but youre right, doctors are dismissive and ive had these lesions on my backside for about ten years and i'm very good at not letting anybody see my buttocks! i'm going to go to the doctor again this week about it and try again!