Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone had acne, whiteheads, blackheads, or milia extracted from their face (sometimes called acne surgery)? (the dermatologist uses a little needle to poke the whitehead/acne and push the area with a tool that extracts the contents)...if you have...did it work and did you scar at all? Thanks!!!!!!

I did something like that... The lady would first use all this stuff on my face and then get a hot towel to open up all my pores and start extracting all the stuff from my clogged pores and also poke at my whiteheads. IMO it was the biggest mistake I ever made because I was left with scars all over my face and not to mention all the money I wasted going there. The stuff I bought on Demodex solution.com cleared up my acne a lot but now I'm using both because the mites are back on my face.

I did something like that... The lady would first use all this stuff on my face and then get a hot towel to open up all my pores and start extracting all the stuff from my clogged pores and also poke at my whiteheads. IMO it was the biggest mistake I ever made because I was left with scars all over my face and not to mention all the money I wasted going there. The stuff I bought on Demodex solution.com cleared up my acne a lot but now I'm using both because the mites are back on my face.

I think the effectiveness depends on the skill of the person doing the extractions. I get extractions with my monthly facial - I go to an acne clinic that is run by an esthetician who specializes in treating acne. I think the extractions really help my skin stay clear. I have not had any problems with the procedure at all.

Well, I have only done this twice recently...one for some majorly large pimples which my dumb dermo just basically cut off, leaving huge scabs all over my face...I mean, I didn't have any scars but it was annoying.

The second time was amazing. I had loads of really REALLY deep blackheads and such around the edges of my lip, and my (new) dermo extracted all of them, which was amazing. For about 4-6 days afterward I looked like I ate some staples (had a bunch of really small scabs on my lip) but it was TOTALLY worth it, because they had been there for God knows how long (a year? two years?) and now the skin there looks amazing.

It really depends on your situation, I guess. For me, it was about the long term - blackheads that were not going to go away without extraction, that made the extraction totally 110% worth it. (I had a few whiteheads removed too, which was nice). If you have something like that, that's built up for awhlile and can be easier solved in 10 minutes than however long it would take for BHA to clear it up, then yeah, go for it.

Well, I have only done this twice recently...one for some majorly large pimples which my dumb dermo just basically cut off, leaving huge scabs all over my face...I mean, I didn't have any scars but it was annoying.

The second time was amazing. I had loads of really REALLY deep blackheads and such around the edges of my lip, and my (new) dermo extracted all of them, which was amazing. For about 4-6 days afterward I looked like I ate some staples (had a bunch of really small scabs on my lip) but it was TOTALLY worth it, because they had been there for God knows how long (a year? two years?) and now the skin there looks amazing.

It really depends on your situation, I guess. For me, it was about the long term - blackheads that were not going to go away without extraction, that made the extraction totally 110% worth it. (I had a few whiteheads removed too, which was nice). If you have something like that, that's built up for awhlile and can be easier solved in 10 minutes than however long it would take for BHA to clear it up, then yeah, go for it.

Great Advice! Thanks....has anyone else done this? My problem is these tiny whitehead looking things that never go away

Has anyone had acne, whiteheads, blackheads, or milia extracted from their face (sometimes called acne surgery)? (the dermatologist uses a little needle to poke the whitehead/acne and push the area with a tool that extracts the contents)...if you have...did it work and did you scar at all? Thanks!!!!!!

works but i had to do it regularly like twice or once a month.

i scarred when i had them during my first accutane course.

I have been going once a month for extractions (and they HURT!) for a few months now and I am SO happy with the results. I have had acne for 15 years and nothing was helping. There is a healing period after each "facial" where you look really red and sore, but then everything looks and feels really clean. I would totally recommend it if you have the money. (it is kind of spendy)

Whenever I get my face done, the lady puts on all this stuff and massages my face then she uses a hot towel to open up my pores and starts extracting and popping. After that she finishes off with a charcoal mask. She rarely uses this weird machine on my face that sends out a small electric shock. She told me what it does but I forgot because I was falling asleep when she was telling me.

Okay I just visited my esthetician and its actually been awhile since I've been there. She said my face improved a lot (thanks to BP) as she was doing the extractions. My face is really red in the places where she made her extractions, especially my nose. Is there anyway I can speed up the healing process to bring my face back to normal? Will an acv and honey mask do any good?