Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JeNNa86

makeup removal

Is there anything safe to use to remove my makeup while on the regimen? I washed my face last night then I saw some makeup still in on my skin. I know I did a good job of washing my face too!! Like is there a good makeup remover to use before I wash or I was thinking witch hazel. Any suggestions please :)

hmm, I don't use anything special, just my cleanser. I do occasionally do two quick washes to be sure it is all off.

If you really feel you need a separate makeup remover, just be sure whatever you choose is oil-free, imo.

I will have to try that. Is it oil free?

This is what I did tonight....I washed once, then I took a cotton pad and rubbed it gently against my skin while my skin was still wet and I notice it all got off. If I saw some on the cotton I was gonna wash again. But I'm scared of overwashing and irritating my skin!

I like DHC cleansing oil, which is olive oil based; not all oil is bad. I also like just pure Jojoba oil too. Then follow with your normal facewash.

Neither olive oil or jojoba oil are considered comedogenic.

It does contain oil, but not all oil is bad for your skin. There is no mineral oil in it, which can majorly clog pores. It contains a lot of jojoba oil. It is lovely.

The oil thing is controversial, I understand. And btw, mineral oil is said to be non-comedogenic in tests, if that matters.

But I, personally, prefer oil-free products simply because I don't need excess oil on my already oily skin. And it's just one more thing for the cleanser to have to wash off, imo.

If you can find a makeup remover and it happens to have oil in it and it doesn't leave a slimy residue, then I suppose it's up to you if you want to use it. But, in my experience, most of the cleansers on Dan's list will get makeup off just fine, except for Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser.

But, in my experience, most of the cleansers on Dan's list will get makeup off just fine, except for Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser.

Cosmetic grade mineral oil tends to be comedogenic. Regular mineral oil is not.

According to James Fulton Jr., MD, PhD (dermatologist and researcher) in his book AcneRX, he states on page 124 " In our tests, the sources of mineral oil currently used in cosmetics rated from 0 to 1." "In fact, of the oils, mineral oil appears to be the least troublesome for acne-prone skin."

He then goes on to say on page 125 "Today, most mineral oils refined in the United States are acceptable."

So, while I am a bit squeamish about oils still, mainly due to their oily residue, mineral oil is supposedly one that is non-comedogenic.

I think if I were to need something to take eye makeup off, I'd just use plain old Vaseline. It's cheap, should do the job, and is also non-comedogenic according to Dr. Fulton's book.

Cosmetic grade mineral oil tends to be comedogenic. Regular mineral oil is not.

According to James Fulton Jr., MD, PhD (dermatologist and researcher) in his book AcneRX, he states on page 124 " In our tests, the sources of mineral oil currently used in cosmetics rated from 0 to 1." "In fact, of the oils, mineral oil appears to be the least troublesome for acne-prone skin."

He then goes on to say on page 125 "Today, most mineral oils refined in the United States are acceptable."

So, while I am a bit squeamish about oils still, mainly due to their oily residue, mineral oil is supposedly one that is non-comedogenic.

I think if I were to need something to take eye makeup off, I'd just use plain old Vaseline. It's cheap, should do the job, and is also non-comedogenic according to Dr. Fulton's book.