Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

cleansing in the shower

in the morning im always cramped up on times so i end up skipping breakfast and such...

i was wonderin if i can use the cleanser in the shower

most of the time i use fairly warm water to shower

Are you serious? Of course you can use your cleanser in the shower. Cleansing is the reason why we shower.

Speaking of shower, I'm wondering if hot shower can aggravate acne because of the shocking effect on the skin. Any thoughts?

Some say a hot shower is good on your skin because the steam has a sauna effect. Others say its bad. The best thing to do imo is just use the water temp. you are most comfortable with and not worry about it.

The sauna effect is not desirable for your acne; contrary to popular belief, steaming is actually really irritating and can cause red blotches to appear (from veins) that don't go away for a while even after the steaming. The only benefit to washing your face with hot water (as opposed to warm water or cooler water) is that it helps degrease oily skin more by softening the oil. I think it was Brandy who mentioned a little while back that you wouldn't wash a grease-covered plate with cold water, so why would you wash a greasy face with cold water? However, hot water can be quite drying, so long, hot showers aren't ideal for people with dry, sensitive skin from using benzoyl peroxide. I try to take short showers at a comfortable warm temperature, and yes, I do wash my face in the shower--it's the last thing I do so that I way can get rid of shampoo/conditioner residue that might still be on my face.

The sauna effect is not desirable for your acne; contrary to popular belief, steaming is actually really irritating and can cause red blotches to appear (from veins) that don't go away for a while even after the steaming. The only benefit to washing your face with hot water (as opposed to warm water or cooler water) is that it helps degrease oily skin more by softening the oil. I think it was Brandy who mentioned a little while back that you wouldn't wash a grease-covered plate with cold water, so why would you wash a greasy face with cold water? However, hot water can be quite drying, so long, hot showers aren't ideal for people with dry, sensitive skin from using benzoyl peroxide. I try to take short showers at a comfortable warm temperature, and yes, I do wash my face in the shower--it's the last thing I do so that I way can get rid of shampoo/conditioner residue that might still be on my face.

I also cleanse in the shower after shampooing and conditioning my hair so no residue is left on my face.

I do wash my face in the shower--it's the last thing I do so that I way can get rid of shampoo/conditioner residue that might still be on my face.

I also cleanse in the shower after shampooing and conditioning my hair so no residue is left on my face.

yep, me too.