Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just over on the Redmark Board and I read a post about using Green Tea leaves to make a toner for redmarks. Have you read anything about this? There's one main poster and two or three following his lead and thats just not enough to convince me. Since you are so knowledgable about Green Tea I thought maybe you had come across some info about this during your research. I am searching high and low for a treatment for my redmarks and I'd prefer that it was natural since I am already putting 2 different chemicals on my face. Thanks for any info you can pass along. Lorrie

Oh, one more thing. Can crushing up supplements and putting them on your skin be beneficial. I would think that they wouldnt absorb into the skin properly. Any thoughts on this?

It depends on what you use. For example, people use aspirin for face masks saying that it renews their skin. Green tea is supposedly also good as a toner/cleanser and is made commercially if you'd rather buy it than make your own. I think that some people were talking about it in the old green tea thread started by Ndnromeo.

I googled the commercial toner and not only does it have witch hazel in it which I absolutely wont put on my skin but its also $27 a bottle. Pass on that! I doubt all of them have witch hazel but I bet they are all equally as expensive. I have heard about the aspirin masks but I was referring to vitamin C tablets, zinc pills and etc. Lorrie

I was just over on the Redmark Board and I read a post about using Green Tea leaves to make a toner for redmarks. Have you read anything about this? There's one main poster and two or three following his lead and thats just not enough to convince me. Since you are so knowledgable about Green Tea I thought maybe you had come across some info about this during your research. I am searching high and low for a treatment for my redmarks and I'd prefer that it was natural since I am already putting 2 different chemicals on my face. Thanks for any info you can pass along. Lorrie

Oh, one more thing. Can crushing up supplements and putting them on your skin be beneficial. I would think that they wouldnt absorb into the skin properly. Any thoughts on this?

I knew you would be the source I needed to ask. Thanks for the tons of info. That DIY skincare website you gave me absolutely rocks. I found a concoction with Green tea and ACV both. My active acne is almost gone and I am seriously considering using one of these skincare cocktails. I have lots of redmarks and scarring not to mention the wrinkles that my teenagers have caused. :lol: God knows I cant afford $50 or more for the commercial creams and from what I have read most of them arent worth squat and dont do what they claim to do. Thanks again for your help! Lorrie

I knew you would be the source I needed to ask. Thanks for the tons of info. That DIY skincare website you gave me absolutely rocks. I found a concoction with Green tea and ACV both. My active acne is almost gone and I am seriously considering using one of these skincare cocktails. I have lots of redmarks and scarring not to mention the wrinkles that my teenagers have caused. :lol: God knows I cant afford $50 or more for the commercial creams and from what I have read most of them arent worth squat and dont do what they claim to do. Thanks again for your help! Lorrie

Hmm, instead of using 30% lemon 30% acv and 40% water, could I just use 100% fresh squeezed lemon juice? I have some horrible redmarks that take a longtime to fade...

Hmm, instead of using 30% lemon 30% acv and 40% water, could I just use 100% fresh squeezed lemon juice? I have some horrible redmarks that take a longtime to fade...

I don't think that's advisable, because it really can burn. Just remember, too much of a good thing is a bad thing, so don't try that out. 30/30/40 is actually extra strength. It's usually 25/25/50.

I tried full strength once, bad idea, real bad. It burned. I don't know how it would work over all, but I didn't want to do anything that literally made my body tell me to stop by signs of pain or any discomfort.

Try it, but just be careful.

I don't think that's advisable, because it really can burn. Just remember, too much of a good thing is a bad thing, so don't try that out. 30/30/40 is actually extra strength. It's usually 25/25/50.

I tried full strength once, bad idea, real bad. It burned. I don't know how it would work over all, but I didn't want to do anything that literally made my body tell me to stop by signs of pain or any discomfort.

Try it, but just be careful.