Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
r1ch1e

does popping zits while on accutane always leave scars?

i just popped a big one and im regretting it ...what are the chances it will leave a permanent scar? i dont mind if its red for a while but as long as it eventually goes away. i just dont want a permanant crater. i am on my 8th day. is there hope there isnt enough accutane in my system to affect healing yet?? or it doesnt matter when you pop either way youre screwed? what are some of your experiences with popping pimples while on accutane?

Well you know popping them is advised against regardless but i still do it..lol. i had my IB within the past 2 weeks and i must say that popping them have been a lot harder since the skin is harder to break (i guess it due to the whole effect of accutane drying them up). so far i haven't noticed any serious scarring though...maybe one or two (and i've popped a lot!!)..but i've only been on tane for about 3 weeks so i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

What I've experienced so far is, it gets REALLY red and stays like that... but I'm only a few weeks in. From what I've heard, the redness doesn't really get any better until after the treatment... because your skin is so thin and fragile that it takes much longer to repair itself of the redness. As for craters, it's really all depends on what kind of pimple you popped and sometimes just by luck.

Ummm

I know more then 90% people thinks popping the zits will leave scars... i think u just need to know which one to touch and which one not to touch. its not that easy to have scars unless u pick it over and over.

I get mine popped every months at my Derm's clinic... they mainly squeezed out the clog pores and some of the whiteheads. my Derm say if u leave them in it will get woser especially when your on the Tane as well. its kinder make sense because most pimple starts with clog pore right?

At the end, i dont think i have any big scars... just a few little pitted ones here and there...

When I got my initial breakout at first, I had this really huge cyst on my cheek that kept gushing out for weeks. It was gross. It left some marks too. It leaked out of three holes.

Maybe with microdermabrasia it'll look like it's almost not there.

When I got my initial breakout at first, I had this really huge cyst on my cheek that kept gushing out for weeks. It was gross. It left some marks too. It leaked out of three holes.

Maybe with microdermabrasia it'll look like it's almost not there.

oh my gosh i have a couple of these cysts on my chin...i'm pretty sure they will leave scars because i've been going at them for weeks and they keep filling up...NASTY!