Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thili55

Dairy (Milk specifically)

Gives me nasty deep under the skin inflammed cysts? i think they are cysts. I've tested it many times. Everytime I have even just a glass of milk, the next day I'll have atleast 1 nasty zit deep under my skin that I can feel comin in. Within 24 hours it is big red and very sore. It usually doesn't come to a head for a few days but it always leaves a big red bloch on my face where it is for atleast a week sometimes two. And they always seem to come in the same area. On my cheek between my nose and eye. Somewhere in the middle there. I never ever used to get zits there.

Anyways ive just been thinkin about it and trying to link things together to find my cause of acne. I remember last winter there was a 2 week period where pretty much all I drank was milk. I ended up with a nast acid reflux type thing where it hurt to eat so I had to go on some medication. But during this period of time my acne was at an all time worse.

I can eat entire delissio pizza's to my face and not get a single zit but I drink a healthy glass of milk and I wake up feeling like someone punched me in the face.

Im on 200mg a day of minocycline. I remember when i first got it the pharmacist said try to stay away from milk like 1 glass a day but never told me why.

Im just confused and ranting. If anyone has anything in common with these please share details.

You were probably told to stay away from milk becaue calcium can affect how minocycline works, I'm on it as well and i can't take anything that contains high levels of calcium within 2 hours of when i take my tablet. Milk is good for you but a lot of it will make your skin gross, you should try and drink more water or if you really want milk make sure you have it well after you've taken ur tablet or the antibiotic won't work.

It's all the hormones and shit they inject into cows. I stay away from milk and cheese to avoid breakouts.

And yes, I second that. Everytime I drink milk my face turns into a battlefield

Yeah..fuck dairy...i eat ice cream and i'm fine...cheese and i'm fine...

I detest milk and refuse to eat it....i love Yogurt ....but gave it up. Since yogurt is live bacteria...STAY away from dairy if you care about your face.

Gives me nasty deep under the skin inflammed cysts? i think they are cysts. I've tested it many times. Everytime I have even just a glass of milk, the next day I'll have atleast 1 nasty zit deep under my skin that I can feel comin in. Within 24 hours it is big red and very sore. It usually doesn't come to a head for a few days but it always leaves a big red bloch on my face where it is for atleast a week sometimes two. And they always seem to come in the same area. On my cheek between my nose and eye. Somewhere in the middle there. I never ever used to get zits there.

Anyways ive just been thinkin about it and trying to link things together to find my cause of acne. I remember last winter there was a 2 week period where pretty much all I drank was milk. I ended up with a nast acid reflux type thing where it hurt to eat so I had to go on some medication. But during this period of time my acne was at an all time worse.

I can eat entire delissio pizza's to my face and not get a single zit but I drink a healthy glass of milk and I wake up feeling like someone punched me in the face.

Im on 200mg a day of minocycline. I remember when i first got it the pharmacist said try to stay away from milk like 1 glass a day but never told me why.

Im just confused and ranting. If anyone has anything in common with these please share details.

Well i actually don't feel bad for not wanting to drink milk in fear of breaking out...because ...honestly..i think it's the sickest shit to touch planet earth...

It's like we're drinking cow cum by the gallon....it's not typically intended for us to enclose cows in barns and then con them into eating so we can milk them...i got a feeling the milk is intended for baby cows who needs their BABY COW HORMONES which the milk is LOADED with.

It acutally may be something other than the hormones in the dairy that causes problems for acne sufferers (although hormones are definitely a possiblity). Dairy products contain high levels of iodine, which in high amounts is known to trigger acne flares. I read a research paper on the dairy-acne link, and the author seemed to think that the real culprit with dairy was the iodine. Iodine gets excreted through the pores and irritates them, causing inflamation and acne flare ups.

The not taking dairy with the antibiotic is a different issue - you are not supposed to take the minocyline with dairy because dairy blocks the absorption of the drug.

.i love Yogurt ....but gave it up. Since yogurt is live bacteria..

That comment almost made it into my sig.

Why WTF is so funny about a fact?

Why WTF is so funny about a fact?