Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

anybody altered their medication?

my skin is so much better thanks to DKR

but im not liking BP as far as the dryness/flakiness goes

so i was wonderin if any of you use different ingredients to medicate acne

and not overdrying... i really hate flaky skin

i was thinkin BHA... has anyone tried it?

BHA products tend to be drying as well and don't kill the acne bacteria. In my experience, SA products alone were never enough to treat my inflammatory acne. I've always required a bacteria killer.

Have you considered maybe adding jojoba oil to your Regimen? or trying Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion? Both of these can really take care of that dryness you are experiencing.

well i cant seem to find jojoba oil in my local drugstores

i cant order it online either so...

im afraid to use Cetaphil, b/c i heard that it leaves the skin real greasy

my face is very slightly oily...

well i cant seem to find jojoba oil in my local drugstores

i cant order it online either so...

im afraid to use Cetaphil, b/c i heard that it leaves the skin real greasy

my face is very slightly oily...

Do you have any Healthfood stores near you? You can find jojoba oil there.

Cetaphil can be greasy, but you can maybe just save it for nighttime use, that way it won't really matter if you look a bit greasy or not. It really does a job on flakiness.

well i wouldnt care about flaking at nite...

maybe ill give it a try later but now ill stick to the regimen

thanks Brandy!

there are no trader joe's in my area, but every health food shoppe i've been to has it. and even though yr not worried about flaking at night, it may still help get yr skin in better condition where you can use something lighter during the day so yr not as greasy.

ive never even heard of Trader Joe before

looked thru the shelf of CVS, Walgreens, and Eckerd and no luck :P

Dude, Trader Joe's has Jojoba Oil...and Trader Joe's is like everywhere

not here.

there are no trader joe's in my area, but every health food shoppe i've been to has it. and even though yr not worried about flaking at night, it may still help get yr skin in better condition where you can use something lighter during the day so yr not as greasy.

Yea, I agree. Using something like Cetaphil at night can help the skin the next morning as well since your skin got hydrated properly at night while you slept.

Dude, Trader Joe's has Jojoba Oil...and Trader Joe's is like everywhere

not here.

If you have any health food store, natural food store, or some kind of grocery coop, you can pretty easily find jojoba oil there--it'll be either near other natural skin care products or natural hair care products. I can't find jojoba oil at Target or normal grocery stores, but my town has a coop that sells local/organic foods, big bins of grains, stuff like that, and they have jojoba oil there.

so does health food store sell jojoba oil for the face?

which brand of jojoba oil do you recommend?

why would it be in like health food store? is jojoba oil edible also?

LOL, I don't know about eating it, but any hippie natural feel-good crunchy kind of store is going to carry jojoba oil. Most health food stores don't sell just food, but also carry supplements and natural shampoos and whatnot, that's all, so that's why I'd expect to find jojoba oil at those types of shops. I was just trying to give you an idea of the kinds of places to look--health stores, alternative grocery stores like Trader Joe's/Whole Foods/coops, I hope this makes some sense.

I personally like applying jojoba oil all over my face, including my eyelids, and letting it absorb for a couple of minutes before applying BP. It doesn't seem to be making the BP less effective, but it does get rid of the tight feeling my face has when the BP has done drying. It took me a while to get used to that, though, because I used to use the tight feeling as my barometer for whether I could apply moisturizer or not and have it feel nice. Now I have to just wait a fixed amount of time after applying BP (for me, 20 minutes) before I apply moisturizer. I do think the jojoba oil makes the BP take longer to absorb before applying moisturizer and not having it go on funny. I also tried adding the jojoba oil in with my moisturizer, but it didn't seem to be as moisturizing that way and also made the moisturizer go on much shinier. Once you get ahold of jojoba oil, you should just experiment to see how you like to use it.

Woah, Kim, you wait 20 whole minutes in between BP and moisturizer?? That's a lot of time...why do you wait so long? I feel like 10 minutes is more than enough (usually ~7).

well you should give some time for BP to absorb completely before moisturizing

i think thats why...

Woah, Kim, you wait 20 whole minutes in between BP and moisturizer?? That's a lot of time...why do you wait so long? I feel like 10 minutes is more than enough (usually ~7).

Fair enough. Just curious, lol. Oddly enough, I just did that exact thing - I was waiting for the BP to dry, browsing the message boards, and I totally spaced out and waited like 15 minutes, lol. I'll experiment and see how it goes.