Notifications
Clear all

Loreal Infallible

MemberMember
(@sunnygirl)

Posted : 04/19/2007 6:50 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm trying to decide if I should change my foundation from Revlon Colorstay to Loreal Infallible. It's just that the new colorstay soft flex foundation doesn't cover as well as their old formula, and I end up having to use a lot of it to camolflouge everything.

I have a face full of red marks something aweful from a severe breakout which is now healing. I'm also starting a new relationship and feel self conscious about my shitty skin around him....only a week in so I know he has seen me with acne, it's no surprise, but I don't want to totally scare him away by not wearing make-up.

So, my question is: does anybody like Loreal Infallible and does it make anyone breakout?

MemberMember
(@funsince1983)

Posted : 04/19/2007 7:13 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm trying to decide if I should change my foundation from Revlon Colorstay to Loreal Infallible. It's just that the new colorstay soft flex foundation doesn't cover as well as their old formula, and I end up having to use a lot of it to camolflouge everything.

I have a face full of red marks something aweful from a severe breakout which is now healing. I'm also starting a new relationship and feel self conscious about my shitty skin around him....only a week in so I know he has seen me with acne, it's no surprise, but I don't want to totally scare him away by not wearing make-up.

So, my question is: does anybody like Loreal Infallible and does it make anyone breakout?

i LOVE my infallible and have never broken out from it, i'm also on accutane which could be helping with that and everyone reacts differently. it is a very heavy make up though and does take time to apply correctly. if you do decide to go with it and need any help, feel free to send me a pm.

MemberMember
(@eat11)

Posted : 04/03/2009 12:54 am

I just picked up infallible a couple days ago, and I absolutely love it. It's the best foundation I have tried by far. It's thick but it doesn't feel cakey, it lasts all day (for me anyways) and it gives amazing coverage. I have mainly red spots and a couple pimples and it manages to cover them really well.

MemberMember
(@miszanh)

Posted : 04/03/2009 1:03 am

I HATE liquid foundations. Regardless of what they say, I don`t believe that theres one out there that doesn`t sink into the skin. I use a mineral one, it is nothing like bare minerals or any other mineral I`ve tried. I was recommended it by the esthetician I used to get facials by, and I`ve used it for two years religiously. The coverage of it is so nice, and it doesn`t breakout or aggravate skin at all. It is a little expensive, but I`m on the same jar I purchased a year ago & still have half left. It`s called True Protective Mineral Foundation. They have a loose powder, and a compact. I use the loose, but have used the compact, and prefer the way the loose looks. They both are nice though, the loose is more luminous and the compact is more matte, but both cover well. I`m not sure if it`s sold everywhere, but if you go to the website truecosmetics.com they have a locator where you can find somewhere near you that sells it.

MemberMember
(@sephora28)

Posted : 04/03/2009 7:00 am

Infallible is good. They have a much better shade range than colorstay, but I find that colorstay lasts longer in high heat and if you sweat with it on it stays almost perfect. However, infallible does cover better, it is just slightly more "fragile" in its wearing ability.

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 04/03/2009 11:49 am

:| Blah. Ok - the color selection is great, I had no trouble finding a perfect match, and I always have trouble finding a perfect match. I'm a cool ivory with some seriously pink undertones, and everything looks too yellow on me. I bought this in Natural Ivory and it matched almost perfectly straight out of the bottle.

The application:

as I applied from my palm to my face it began to oxidize. The little puddle in my palm went from pale pinky beige to orange marbled beige. I mixed it a little and hoped it wouldn't do that on my face (and yes - I shook the bottle). The coverage was great, covered any hyper/hypo pigmentation with ease, including the blue circles under my eyes. The finish was nice and matte, but not geisha matte, so I ventured out of the house with high hopes.

The wear:

Feeling confident and with a bit spring in my step I gave Movie Gallery and WalMart some undivided attention. Took out the garbage, did some laundry, paused by the mirror to check out my cute self. Eeek!

The color had indeed oxidized, but not into a uniform oompa-loompa hotness, no such luck. I was spotted like an Irish Setter with mange or perhaps a paint-by-numbers fake bake.

I leaned in for a closer look. Had Bear Grylls been practicing flint napping on my face? My formerly fine lines had transformed into crevices of unparalleled depths, my 11's were now perfectly paired grand canyons! Every dry patch as flaky as a well baked pie crust! Ugggh...

In sum - I can't think of a skin type that would be well suited to these issues, certainly not mine. I would most assuredly not buy again.

^my mua review

MemberMember
(@sharpy)

Posted : 04/05/2009 1:42 pm

The color was good but my face turned into a greasy mess w/in an hour.

Didn't break me out.

MemberMember
(@sanctifieddew)

Posted : 09/18/2017 10:20 pm

broke me out :(