Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sufferfromscars

What to choose Fraxel 2 or Palamor 1540?

the doctor i am going to at stanford says his laser is a fraxel but he said its a palamor 1540.. is this as goodas fraxel 2? which is better and more effective?

You may want to try the Pixel instead. Ask to see the doctor's before and after pictures of his own patients that have been treated with his laser.

The Pixel is a new fractional erbium resurfacing laser, that uses same wavelength as the original erbium resurfacing laser instead of the 1540 like Fraxel. It also ablates some of the surface of the skin so it is more effective.

fraxel 2 is by far better than the pixel or palomar 1540. it goes twice as deep as the fraxel 1. the fraxel one goes marginally deeper than the pixel and palomar. plus the fraxel 2 requires no blue dye (provided your derm has the new roller tip).

there is an even newer fraxel called the re:pair. it is serious medicine and not out yet besides some clinical researchers.

fraxel 2 is by far better than the pixel or palomar 1540. it goes twice as deep as the fraxel 1. the fraxel one goes marginally deeper than the pixel and palomar. plus the fraxel 2 requires no blue dye (provided your derm has the new roller tip).

there is an even newer fraxel called the re:pair. it is serious medicine and not out yet besides some clinical researchers.

I have reserached some of this and it does not look promising to me for acne scars. They mention specifically that they are lookign to treat "skin laxity, wrinkles" and they keep mentioning photodamage. If it isn't all about acne scars, it's not promising to me. Because these most often require different treatment modalities than wrinkles.

Have a look at this link:

http://www.baybio.org/wt/page/news/92759

I'm not exactly sure that anything is "promising" for curing acne scars........but fraxel does give some improvement.....

It's not all about how deep you go. It's about the mix of ablation and depth. The best lasers for scars in the past were Co2 and erbium which were both ablative.

Fraxel and Polamar are not ablative, they just heat deeply.

Pixel has only been out 1 year but my friend's acne scar improvement with just one treatment were amazing!

Sigh...everytime I see this comparison...I either feel like I've been ripped off by my derm or the person posting is just making numbers up b/c my Dr. recommended treatments with the Palomar over the Fraxel laser when he had both available and said he had better results with it over Fraxel. I've had 4 treatments now, so I guess time will tell if it was worth it at this point.

I don't know anything about the pixel/Palomar. I had Fraxel 1 and I did gain some improvement. Look into the plasma portrait-PSR3. I had it done 15 days ago and I am pleased so far. Check out my updates on the topic and check out these sites as well. Good luck.

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/news/ng.asp...ve-portrait-psr

http://www.modernmedicine.com/modernmedici...l.jsp?id=383620