Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
byoushinn

Does make up make you feel completely confident?

Hi there, was just wondering how confident applying concealer and foundation etc makes you feel?

I'm a guy, and although its a bit taboo for us to wear make up, i feel a hell of a lot more confident wearing concealer. Throughout the day i do get a bit paranoid that the concealer starts looking tacky, or starts to fade, but my confidence is miles above the level it'd be if i just went all out with nothing covering my skin at all.

Me with concealer:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/byo...3929eefa9fd.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/byoushinn/me.jpg

I just dream of the day when i'll be able to go out with flawless skin

I wear makeup because I'm in love with it, its fun to put on. I look forward to waking up in the mornings just to put it on :drool: Esp if I get something new the day before....

Men & makeup is not a bad thing. If it makes you feel more confident, just do it.

I had a huge zit above my left eyebrow today, and before I went for a run, I washed my MU off, so whoever I came across while running, saw my massive zit..

It really didn't bother me. Everyone gets pimples.

does it make me feel completely confident? no, does it make me feel more confident? yes. i'm not afraid to leave the house without make up but if i know i'm going somewhere extremely public i put it on.. for example, going to my moms, i'll go with out, if i'm working from home and need to drop my kid at daycare, i'll go without, if i'm going to work, or the mall, hell no am i leaving the house without make up.

oh.. i forgot to add, i won't ever leave the house without putting on my eucerin redness relief lotion

it doesnt make me feel completely confident because you can still tell i have acne.but i do feel better about myself going out with some makeup on.

i used to go all out with concealer and everything but now its just sheer foundation and setting powder because it looks much more natural and my complexion is improving

I HATE makeup! I really do. I hate that I have to waste like 15 minutes every morning to put it on. I don't bother with it around family/close friends/shopping... but I slather it on for school just because I feel like I look like shit w/o it. I don't like to admit it, but it is indeed a confidence thing for me. I can't wait for the day my skin clears up and remains that way..

BIG YES!!

Not that I feel less confident without makeup, but when I have makeup on I feel much better about everything. I usually spend about 30 minutes on my makeup everyday. Sometimes more if I have to go to work. I look forward to putting on my makeup everyday. LOVES IT.

All I need in the world is a bronze smokey eye, a flushed cheek, and a nude lip and I'm ready to face the world!!

Ive never used foundation/councelor(i think thats how u spell it) not once. However i feel that if i knew how 2 put on this stuff i would feel more confident but i rekon it would also break me out worse, so i just stay clear of the stuff. Ive also got extreamly sensative skin with eczema on my neck so i dont think it would be such a great idea pileing this stuff onto my skin =/

I do wear eyeliner tho and without that i feel naked lol

I know this sounds really retarded but I feel dumber when I have makeup on. Especially full blown makeup like foundation, blush, and eyeshadow. I can't explain it, it's like I got an inner ditz that's just fighting to come out.

Hi there, was just wondering how confident applying concealer and foundation etc makes you feel?

I'm a guy, and although its a bit taboo for us to wear make up, i feel a hell of a lot more confident wearing concealer. Throughout the day i do get a bit paranoid that the concealer starts looking tacky, or starts to fade, but my confidence is miles above the level it'd be if i just went all out with nothing covering my skin at all.

Me with concealer:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/byo...3929eefa9fd.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/byoushinn/me.jpg

I just dream of the day when i'll be able to go out with flawless skin

Doesnt make me feel completely confident , but yes it does help alot even though I hate putting it on and wasting 10 mins everyday to put it on , buuut its something i cant live without for now...

If only i dont have pimples..and only dealing with redmarks to cover , i would be soooo happy.

it makes me feel better, because my main problem is redness and red marks, and that helps to make it less so, i still look shit though :(

I'm not a slave to makeup, but I put it on to look more presentable. It's sad, because I do love pretty makeup and colours and all, but I simply don't have the skin to carry it off.

So, I just put on makeup for work, when I'm going to the mall or something, or for formal occasions. Otherwise I refuse to have anything on my face, lol. I hate how I have to keep blotting just to make the damn thing stay on my face, ugh.

more confident yes. i look forward to putting on makeup everyday. i think it's a good attitude cuz i make myself more presentable and err hopefully prettier and i feel so much better and prettier in return. when i have the time, i experiment with eye looks and colours, wash off, and start again and again.

and who in the world can be completely confident with themselves??!!

No Im a very insecure person and it isnt just because of my acne. I dont think make up makes me feel more confident

I HATE makeup! I really do. I hate that I have to waste like 15 minutes every morning to put it on. I don't bother with it around family/close friends/shopping... but I slather it on for school just because I feel like I look like shit w/o it. I don't like to admit it, but it is indeed a confidence thing for me. I can't wait for the day my skin clears up and remains that way..

more confident yes. i look forward to putting on makeup everyday. i think it's a good attitude cuz i make myself more presentable and err hopefully prettier and i feel so much better and prettier in return. when i have the time, i experiment with eye looks and colours, wash off, and start again and again.

and who in the world can be completely confident with themselves??!!

Wearing makeup makes me feel a tad bit better about myself, but i still have pretty much zero confidence. I know that my flaws and crappy skin are still underneath the makeup, so that doesnt make me feel much better about myself.

But i just like experimenting with makeup...can be fun! On a good day, if i do my makeup really well, i feel a bit more confident that usual :dance: