Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammielulu

I Need Help For My Wedding!

I'm 24 and getting married in July and I am dreading it because of my spots, not just on my face but my back and chest as well. It's really depressing me because every bride wants to look their best on their big day, but all I seem to do now is cry all the time. My doctor has given me so many different lotions and tablets over the years and nothing works. I even bought a wedding dress with a matching bolero so I can at least keep the top of my back and my shoulders covered! My chest isn't always too bad.

I'm also going to Egypt for my honeymoon, but I feel that will be ruined too because there is no way I will put on a bikini, but we'll be by the beach!

I'm too ashamed to confide in my fiance about it. I know that sounds incredibly stupid, but it's knocked my confidence so much I can only confide in my mum or my doctor.

It's making me so miserable. I don't have a bad diet and I drink plenty of water. My dream was to go into acting, but I feel I've just wasted money on going to drama school because who will hire someone with spots all over their body and face?

As you can probably tell, I'm at a very low point. I can't even pop to the local shop without slapping make-up on my face, and do my best to get to the bathroom as soon as I wake up in the morning to put make-up on before my fiance sees me properly. I'm even last to go to bed so I know I can go straight from the bathroom to the bedroom, where the light is already off.

But first things first. Can anybody help me with looking my best on my wedding day and honeymoon? I cleanse, tone and moisturise every day and exfoliate my face and body every other day. All the products I use are oil free, including my make-up. What else can I do?

I just want them gone. Sometimes I feel like I want to scratch them off my face and my doctor seems to be running out of ideas!

I'll be so grateful to anyone who can help me, but I'm in England so I need things I can get over here. Also, I really don't have much money, so things like lasering and stuff is not something I can do. Thanks in advance!

I'm 24 and getting married in July and I am dreading it because of my spots, not just on my face but my back and chest as well. It's really depressing me because every bride wants to look their best on their big day, but all I seem to do now is cry all the time. My doctor has given me so many different lotions and tablets over the years and nothing works. I even bought a wedding dress with a matching bolero so I can at least keep the top of my back and my shoulders covered! My chest isn't always too bad.

I'm also going to Egypt for my honeymoon, but I feel that will be ruined too because there is no way I will put on a bikini, but we'll be by the beach!

I'm too ashamed to confide in my fiance about it. I know that sounds incredibly stupid, but it's knocked my confidence so much I can only confide in my mum or my doctor.

It's making me so miserable. I don't have a bad diet and I drink plenty of water. My dream was to go into acting, but I feel I've just wasted money on going to drama school because who will hire someone with spots all over their body and face?

As you can probably tell, I'm at a very low point. I can't even pop to the local shop without slapping make-up on my face, and do my best to get to the bathroom as soon as I wake up in the morning to put make-up on before my fiance sees me properly. I'm even last to go to bed so I know I can go straight from the bathroom to the bedroom, where the light is already off.

But first things first. Can anybody help me with looking my best on my wedding day and honeymoon? I cleanse, tone and moisturise every day and exfoliate my face and body every other day. All the products I use are oil free, including my make-up. What else can I do?

I just want them gone. Sometimes I feel like I want to scratch them off my face and my doctor seems to be running out of ideas!

I'll be so grateful to anyone who can help me, but I'm in England so I need things I can get over here. Also, I really don't have much money, so things like lasering and stuff is not something I can do. Thanks in advance!

Hi.

Thanks for your reply!

I cleanse, tone and moisturise in the morning, cleanse at night and use differin gel 0.1% before I go to bed. Every other day I use Skin Clear Deep Cleansing Scrub on my face and a hot sugar body scrub everywhere else.

I've got M.E as well so i'm stuck on incapacity benefit and pretty much what the doctor gives me as everything else i've been told to try is too expensive.

I can TOTALLY understand...I just got married a month ago!! Okay, my advice is don't try anything new right now. It can aggrevate your skin and make things worse! My best advice is to relax, get sleep, and eat well/drink lots of water. On top of that, you might want to ask your doctor for an antibiotic. I got on solodyn and it almost immediately cleared up my skin. I just got off of it and started taking fish oil caplets (read the post on here). That has worked so well for me. Just thoughts... Let me know if you have any questions, I know you how feel!!!!!!!!

Maybe stop with the scrubs? It could actually be irritating your face and causing the acne. I used to scrub all the time too. I thought the key to getting rid of my face was exfoliation. It is in a way, but not with scrubs. Try using a non physical exfoliation like ACV or a glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy acid lotion for exfoliation. I went from scrubs to my ACV and it made a HUGE difference in the amount of acne I get.

I am 25 years old. Keep in mind, the following advice is a good thing for everyone to try, but depending on underlying cuases, will not be the answer for everyone. I have finally learned, after having dealt with moderate to sever adult acne now for 3 years (and the heartache that comes with it), that the skin needs proper nutrition, not harsh chemicals, in order to truly heal and control the underlying cause of the acne. An esthetician told me a month ago that the benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid I had been using were probably harming the skin cells, and that's why the acne was getting worse and worse. Just like your body needs antioxidants and minerals to maintain healthy cells, so does your skin. She advised me to find a serum that contains green tea extract and antioxidants to reduce inflammation and oxidation of cells in the skin. Also, stay away from "natural" products that use grapefruit extract as a preservative--it can be very harsh on the skin. Other preservatives, such as parabens, can also be harmful (some are better than others). She advised that dermatologists often prescribe very irritating products that, in time, may appear to reduce or eliminate acne, but do not fix the underlying cause of acne, and only leads to depleted nutrtion of the skin cells. I found a face wash and serum that are self-preserving and free of any harsh or harmful ingredients. I have been using them twice a day for one month, and am so happy to say that the acne I have dealt with and cried about for three years is finally gone. I still get an occasional zit, and still have some red marks left over, but they are fading, and my skin looks and feels healthy. It's not a quick fix by any means, but it is a very safe, extremely effective regimen that I believe will keep my skin clear indefinately, not just temporarily. Give your skin the nutrition it needs; depending on how long you have been using different chemicals on your face, it may take a month or two (or you may see results in a week!). But stick with it.....you wouldn't ingest harmful chemicals in hopes of healing your body, so be kind to your face as well! Please contact me if you have any questions. [email protected]

I've struggled with face and back acne for the past 9 years. Since Feb of this year, I have been 99.9 percent clear. I was drawn to this book in a bookstore called "Soul, Mind, and Body Medicine" by Dr. Zhi Gang Sha and since I've been doing his healing affirmations my skin has been clear. I have no connection to the Dr who wrote the book but I'm grateful to his wisdom because like yourself, I was very frustrated with my skin. I believe his "affirmations/healing techniques" work. This is taken from the book and it's what I've been doing for the past several months:

Look at yourself in the mirror and say, "Dear soul, mind, and body of my________. I love you. You have the power to heal yourselves so do a great job. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. "

In the blank space, you add the part of your body that needs to be healed. I break out mainly on my face so I say,"Dear soul, mind, and body of my face."

Another healing he describes is this:

Dear _______ (face, back, chest etc). I love you. Can you offer me a healing please? Do a great job. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Say the words in the order written.

These "affirmations" sound a little crazy but I swear by them. My face was a mess when I started doing them and within less than a month it was clear. I haven't changed anything else in my life.

Years ago I probably would have read an email like this and thought that the person was just a nut but please don't disregard what I'm saying. Honestly, it does work. Your body has it's own healing powers. You just have to tap into them and this does it.

I wish you a wonderful wedding and beautiful skin!

Thanks everyone!

I'll definately be giving some of these things a try, even the healing affirmations! I'll give anything a go once.

My wonderful nan became my saviour yesterday. I'd had a look at the Paula's Choice Europe website and really wanted to give the 2% BHA liquid a go (AHA's are not legalised for general sale in Europe, so the website doesn't stock them) and the Essential Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 15 With Antioxidants. I told my nan about it and she offered to buy them for me, for which I will be forever grateful!

Hopefully I should get them by the end of next week. Can't wait!

:D

hi, im from the uk, i have been to the doctors for a few years getting some antibiotics, topicals etc but nothing has resulted in a permanent improvement so i have been reffered to a dermatologist which is covered by the nhs. why not ask your doctor about this also, you may not be seen to straight away but it could be benefical for the future and you will not have to pay for it either i dont think.

good luck and i hope you have a wonderfull wedding

:)

I agree with several of the above posts. I think harsh chemicals/routine will aggravate your skin.

I myself have been on and off topical treatments, a ton of various different acne washes/ointments/etc for years. Now I'm 25, still stuck with acne and skin with poor texture. So, just recently, I've decided to get rid of all the stuff I've been assaulting my skin with, and just stick to the basics. Essentially, now I just use a very gentle soap that's free of fragrances and irritants, and a simple moisturiser. Although my skin hasn't seen a great improvement as of yet, I can feel my skin getting healthier and less irritated already. So, I do suggest you go for simplicity in your regimen.

I'm glad your nan is such an angel. ^_^ And I hope that Paula's Choice will prove to be the solution for you! I've not tried it before, but I sure hope it works for you! ^^ Also, cheer up! Stress will aggravate acne. And we want you to be a happy bride on your big day!

Unfortunately it's already been ordered, but I think the 2% will be fine.

I've used so many lotions and potions on my skin (between 0.1 - 1%) that my doctor has told me can dry the skin and irritate it, but they never have.

I must be immune to them! Although, that's not good, cos they never work! Grrr.

My doctor gave me some fucidin ointment 2% the other day, which i've been told can dry and irritate. It hasn't at all but I hate it all the same. It doesn't dry or sink in to the skin at all and because I put it on before I go to bed, it gets all over my pillow case! It's very greasy on the skin and still is in the morning on the bits that haven't found their way onto my pillow! It hasn't actually done anything yet either.

Unfortunately it's already been ordered, but I think the 2% will be fine.

I've used so many lotions and potions on my skin (between 0.1 - 1%) that my doctor has told me can dry the skin and irritate it, but they never have.

I must be immune to them! Although, that's not good, cos they never work! Grrr.

My doctor gave me some fucidin ointment 2% the other day, which i've been told can dry and irritate. It hasn't at all but I hate it all the same. It doesn't dry or sink in to the skin at all and because I put it on before I go to bed, it gets all over my pillow case! It's very greasy on the skin and still is in the morning on the bits that haven't found their way onto my pillow! It hasn't actually done anything yet either.

o...ok well then go very light on the paula. and mosturize!!!! for the body acne, use Canus goat milk soap. It is awesome, it helps regulate the ph in ur skin and i promise i had some acne on my back and i still get a few on my chest...*dumb bra* but i wash myself with that soap and it did wonders and skin is less dry and no more itchy when i come out of the shower

Thanks!

I've tried loads of different antibiotics, but I have to say i've never heard of Bactrim/Septra DS so i'll mention it to my dermatologist and see what she says!

:D

Goats milk soap sounds interesting.

I'll see if I can find some.

hi ,i can relate getting married in october and am currently clea using duac gel once a day,but i hope it keeps working!!! due to the fact that ou have it on your chest as well have you considered roaccutane? perhaps when you see a derm this would be the best route? im sure with the wedding in a few months thats not reasurring for now,maybe call the derm? explain situation and see if you can b seen sonner? i live in london so im not sure how it works in the US?

im not a believer in the cleanse tone stuff i tink they over irritate the skin and cause more problems and rip people off! i would just wash and moisteriser were needed and appl topical acne lotions if thats what your doing.

good luck x

Hi.

Thanks for your reply!

I cleanse, tone and moisturise in the morning, cleanse at night and use differin gel 0.1% before I go to bed. Every other day I use Skin Clear Deep Cleansing Scrub on my face and a hot sugar body scrub everywhere else.

I've got M.E as well so i'm stuck on incapacity benefit and pretty much what the doctor gives me as everything else i've been told to try is too expensive.

I don't have any good advice for your acne (other than maybe stop with the scrub, that might be too harsh), but when I got married 5 years ago I went and got some really nice make-up... it was a bit heavy, more like a stage make-up, but my face looks really smooth in the pictures, and you can't tell that I am totally broken out! It was definitely worth the money I spent on it.

I was thinking about stage make-up, but I tend to melt as soon as I go out in the sun so I don't know if it would be so heavy that it would start running down my face!

Kel - It's ok, i'm in England too!

oh so you no what derms here are like then,long wait.

you could try duac im using that and im clear,i hope it lasts -my wedding in 6 months!

Whilst I am all for natural treatments if they work, it can take a long time to find what works for you. Therefore, if it were me, and I was under pressure to get clear for a certain date, I wouldn't rely on just a change of diet / drinking more water / relaxing more / using more natural products. These things can help but are unlikely to get you clear by July without some medicated assistance.

I think in your case you are best off getting antibiotics. Antibiotics are a great treatment for short term use provided you find one that works for you. Usually when you stop taking them, the acne will come back and over the very long term (i.e. years) they probably do more harm than good. However, if you just need to be clear for a special occasion, like a wedding, they are fine.

Not all antibiotics work for everyone. I tried oxytetracycline and it wasn't particularly helpful. Minocin helped alot. I have also seen people claim bactrim is very good. You've got three months until your wedding so if you try one and if isn't working you can try another. Tell you GP that you need to be clear for your wedding and so he/she should give you something that stands a good chance of working - and not fart around with stuff on the lower end of the scale because its cheaper for them.

Good luck and whatever happens enjoy your day!

have u gotten the paula's choice yet? Let us know how it works out for you. But if u have on that is dreadfully bad, u can always go to the dermatologist and get this shot that will get rid of the nasty thing in a day. Im trying to think what its called, but its worth considering

Yes, I got my Paula's Choice products a couple of days ago. Obviously I need to give it some time to work, but I did notice that after using the lotion once, my skin felt a lot softer!

As for a shot, I'm definately going to see if I can get that over here!