Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, since as long as I can remember, I have always been a big eater. But the thing is, when I get hungry, I will eat, eat, eat and eat more until I feel bloated. I consider this full and then I'm done eating, then when I get hungry in the next 5-6 hours I will repeat.

I don't think this is healthy and can be contributing to my acne, but how can I stop this? When I feel hungry, I eat until I'm not hungry anymore. Should I stop eating before I am full?

I have 1 bowel movement a day MAX, which is also a problem, I am going to start taking Vitamin C to get my bowels moving does anyone know any other effective ways? (besides laxatives)

Also: The foods I eat are what I consider normal foods, I don't take anything out of my diet besides obvious junk food like: pizza, pop, candy, chips etc. For example, I have been eating pasta everyday for lunch this week and I had baked chicken last night. (Just as examples)

Thanks guys.

I do the same thing with sweets. But its not good to do. It puts too much on your digestion. Even though your eating healthy foods, its still causing the insulin spike because of the amount that your eating at one sitting.

Something that has helped me is I firstly never buy in big sizes. Secondly, I find that if I'm not eating out of the container, I will usually stop, and lastly, brushing your teeth or putting gum in your mouth when you know its time to stop, can help too.

GOOD LUCK!

It's normal to have one to three bowel movements per day. and i honestly can't figure out where that food goes if you're 18 and only weigh 130, skinny!

You might have some health problem, like diabetes, or celiac sprue, especially if you feel bloated. Another thing is, eating a lot of high glycemic index food, like pasta, and white bread, can fill you up temporarily, but after a few hours make you really hungry again. If you really love pasta and high GI carbs, you can always try and substitute them for lower GI carbs. Like white bread for whole wheat bread, or white flour pasta for whole grain pasta. Also, the more protein you eat, the less hungry you will be. Protein makes your brain produce more PYY (a hormone) which makes your appetite decrease. So a diet high in protein means that you will be hungry much less, and you won't feel incredibly hungry only a few hours after a meal. If you want to know more about PYY search it on google.

Edit: and by the way one bowel movement a day is not bad, even 3 a week is O.K. If you want to improve your bowel movements, eat more vegetables, or high fiber fruits. Also, celiac sprue can make you constipated.

You might have some health problem, like diabetes, or celiac sprue, especially if you feel bloated. Another thing is, eating a lot of high glycemic index food, like pasta, and white bread, can fill you up temporarily, but after a few hours make you really hungry again. If you really love pasta and high GI carbs, you can always try and substitute them for lower GI carbs. Like white bread for whole wheat bread, or white flour pasta for whole grain pasta. Also, the more protein you eat, the less hungry you will be. Protein makes your brain produce more PYY (a hormone) which makes your appetite decrease. So a diet high in protein means that you will be hungry much less, and you won't feel incredibly hungry only a few hours after a meal. If you want to know more about PYY search it on google.

Edit: and by the way one bowel movement a day is not bad, even 3 a week is O.K. If you want to improve your bowel movements, eat more vegetables, or high fiber fruits. Also, celiac sprue can make you constipated.

thanks. you ever been tested for hyperthroidism?

Thats what I was thinking.

Also Socold, try eating smaller meals through the day every two hours or so that you wont get totally starved and be tempted to eat til you are bloated and uncomfortable. Eventually you will find that it takes less to fill you up. I have no scientific proof but I have read that eating big meals stretches your stomach out and therefore takes more and more to fill you up. By eating smaller meals through the day, you are giving your body a chance to digest the food before you are eating again. Your stomach will start to shrink and you'll find that smaller meals will totally fill you up.

You remind me of my sons friend. He is skinny as a rail and can out eat both of my sons put together. He is very high strung and cant sit still for a minute. Some people just have naturally high metabolism. Enjoy it while you are young. The older you get the slower your metabolism tends to get and thats why most people gain weight when they get older. Lorrie

When you binge eat... are you doing it because your body is actually hungry? Or is there another reason?

I know when I used to do it, it was usually out of boredom or I was stressed...

When you binge eat... are you doing it because your body is actually hungry? Or is there another reason?

Thanks for asking! I actually meant to add that.

It's a little bit of all of that. I definetly eat when I'm bored. It's a horrible habit, if only it was stuff like vegetables, instead of meals! But I also eat when my stomach tells me I'm hungry, which is frequently as well! As far as the stressed part goes, I do feel stress often, but I don't believe I binge eat because of it. I find...other...ways to get rid of that :)

Thanks a lot for the posts guys.

According to a BMI calculator - If you're 5'10, you're in a normal weight zone, 5'11 and above is underweight. Try eating more filling foods, instead of white bread, whole wheat, or grain bread. Get something to stick to your bones!

Thanks for asking! I actually meant to add that.

It's a little bit of all of that. I definetly eat when I'm bored. It's a horrible habit, if only it was stuff like vegetables, instead of meals! But I also eat when my stomach tells me I'm hungry, which is frequently as well! As far as the stressed part goes, I do feel stress often, but I don't believe I binge eat because of it. I find...other...ways to get rid of that :)

Thanks a lot for the posts guys.

According to a BMI calculator - If you're 5'10, you're in a normal weight zone, 5'11 and above is underweight. Try eating more filling foods, instead of white bread, whole wheat, or grain bread. Get something to stick to your bones!

You should really learn to cook meat. Humans have evolved on eating meat. If you do not get enough you will probably end up with health problems. Steak is really good, but somewhat expensive, but if you do not have much money, consider making chili with lots of ground beef or something like that. Like, I said though steak and especially liver have many nutrients that are hard to find elsewhere so try and eat more of those. You don't need to eat liver if it grosses you out, but i actually is not as bad as it sounds, and I really like it. And liver tends to be pretty cheap. Chicken is also really easy to cook, whether baked or pan-fried, or grilled. Search the internet for recipes, there are tons of easy recipes. But, for most meat, one of the easiest ways to cook them, is just put them on the grill with some salt and pepper.

Well, since as long as I can remember, I have always been a big eater. But the thing is, when I get hungry, I will eat, eat, eat and eat more until I feel bloated. I consider this full and then I'm done eating, then when I get hungry in the next 5-6 hours I will repeat.

I don't think this is healthy and can be contributing to my acne, but how can I stop this? When I feel hungry, I eat until I'm not hungry anymore. Should I stop eating before I am full?

I have 1 bowel movement a day MAX, which is also a problem, I am going to start taking Vitamin C to get my bowels moving does anyone know any other effective ways? (besides laxatives)

Also: The foods I eat are what I consider normal foods, I don't take anything out of my diet besides obvious junk food like: pizza, pop, candy, chips etc. For example, I have been eating pasta everyday for lunch this week and I had baked chicken last night. (Just as examples)

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys.

I do that to. Do you have depression? I do that because food makes me feel happy. Ive suffered from depression for a long time now