Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pimpmypimple

16 years of age

Question is, will it ever stop unless i thoroughly treat it?

I mean my skin does suffer from acne but i always think awww it will go away in about a year but in reality it never does(it saddens me i guess).

Current methods i use are skin doctor, must admit it does help but it doesn't take it away completely, stuff like that becomes typical really.

Is acne long term or short term(basically)?

well, if you've had acne for 16 years, i'd say it was long term, have you seen a dermatologist or taken accutane?

oh ok, i misread your post, accutane is an acne medicine that you need a prescription for, which can completely cure acne in many cases, sometimes permanently. you take it for about 20 weeks. it does have some side effects though, it makes your lips really dry and chapped while you are on it. and you have to sign papers and register with the ipledge program if you take it because if you get pregnant on it (not sure if you are M or F) it can cause birth defects. if i were you i'd ask a dermatologist about it.

oh your in the UK. i'm not sure how the health system is there, but i know in the UK Accutane is called RoAccutane. and never mind about iPledge then, that is US only.

if you do see a doctor, they will probably put you on antibiotics first and see if those work before trying accutane.

if you go to the doctors they might try out everything untill they put u on accutane coz it has a lot of side affects. thats what happenned to me but nothing worked so now im on accutane :D

I have hear accutane is a bad method,lots of rumours saying the side affects are just not worth it and so forth, im just try out the dkr method, see how that goes.

Is accutane for sever acne or mild acne?

accutane is used mostly for either severe acne, or acne that doesn't respond to antibiotics, it is a good option for non responsive acne, but the side effects can be annoying at times. the severe side effects (like birth defects) are what you have to watch for, but that particular one is preventable, the other severe side effect is depression but it rarely ever happens. if it does you may need to stop accutane.