Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorrie

Naturopathic Doctor

I really wish we could find someone that was a Naturopathic Doctor or studying to be one that would be willing to dedicate some of their time to this board. I see so many people starting vitamin regimens without educating themselves first. It would be nice to have someone we could ask questions that could give us educated answers. Lorrie

That would be nice! Unfortunately though, there are a lot of naturopathic doctors that could stand being educated themselves. With all the psedu science out there, it's hard to know what to believe, and sadly, even naturopathic doctors with good intentions can fall prey to these pseudo sciences. I tend to follow the teachings of medical doctors that are practicing a preventative, holistic approach while also paying attention to credible, peer-reviewed, scientific studies. I don't have a doctor I trust in my area, so like you said, I have to educate myself through the writings of doctors I do trust. :)

Yes, I do know what you mean. I have been to websites that state ridiculous claims about a product or supplement that just absolutely isnt true. They had to get the info some where but God only knows where. Unfortunately too many people here and outside this website do not know the difference. They just trust that because its on the internet, it must be true. I really wish we could get someone knowlegdable and trustworthy to dedicate their time to the people here who have no clue about supplements and wont take the time to educate themselves properly before taking a ton of different supplements because they read that it worked for someone else. I am truly scared that someone is going to do more harm than good to themselves. Lorrie

I wanted to be one.... but the fact that you have to study basically the same classes in college as you would as an MD, and than get half the respect/pay as an ND turns me off... and I've just about had enough of learning about nutrition haha.

great idea Lorrie! it would really answer some questions for me, although it would be difficult to get an ND to post on these boards, its just a big chunk out of their time. Unless there was a specific time allocated ONCE per week, where the naturopath would sit and answer questions that have been previously posted on a specifically-created thread.

Maybe Dan himself could help out here and try and get an ND on here. :think:

Some people on here are almost at that level imo, but we can all learn more and maybe that fact we dont have 'rules' here we all have different opinions and find different approaches. Like Green Tea was news to me and its doing a nice little job.

Guest T-Virus

The Naturopath I went to didn't help me very much. Even after following the diet and taking all the supplements for a month I didn't really look or feel any better.

But still, I think I'll be going back on the diet to see if I notice a difference this time around after being off the diet for a few weeks. It turns out that the foods I eat most (even the ones I thought were good for me) are the ones that I'm supposed to be avoiding.