Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I'm hoping to add an ACV toner to my regimen in order to balance my skin's Ph after washing, but I've got EXTREMELY sensitive skin. The last time I attemped using ACV at a dilution of around 4:1 (Water:ACV), I experienced an initial breakout and a lot of redness, but only continued for 4 days due to irritation. In order to balance my skin's Ph, what dilution should I use? Hopefully, through use of ACV, I can banish red marks, scars, current spots etc.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Well as you can see by my sig I use a much higher concentration. I have more ACV in my toner than water plus I add lemon juice to it and have no problems. I'm not sure what to tell you. If you go much lower than what you tried I'm not even sure how effective the ACV would be. Maybe with your sensitive skin you might want to try taking it internally. I personally don't do this as I have a weaker stomach, but there are people who do over on the nutrition board who do and might have more info on that.